×Fifty-Nine×

Song: Perfect Illusion- Lady Gaga

For the past three days, I have done nothing but throw up and sleep. After Jessie brought us back from the movies, I went to my room and Theo was there. I heard him greet me, but the next thing I knew, I was on my bathroom floor throwing up my guts.

So, since then, Theo has taken care of me. He brings me chicken soup every morning, and for the rest of the day he cuddles with me as we watch eighties romance movies. I know it isn't what he wants to do, but I love him for staying with me and taking care of me.

As we were watching Sixteen Candles, I noticed Theo was staring at me weirdly. I paused the movie and turned to him, shooting him a confused look.

"What's wrong?" I asked, intertwining our hands, and he let's out a sigh as his thumb caresses my skin.

"I'm worried about you, princess. I have never seen a vampire get so sick, let alone sick at all. It's not normal."

I sighed and rested my head on his chest. "I know, but if it makes you worry less, you have been making me feel better. I haven't thrown up lately."

"I'm glad. I just wish I knew why you were sick." He replied, and we stayed silent. I snuggled into him more, and his arms tightened around me. I started the movie again, and we sat in a comfortable, peaceful silence.

"How was your night with Jessie?" He asked minutes later, and I smiled into his chest.

"It was great. I really missed hanging out with him." I replied before my smile faded. "It killed me when he died. Spending days at the house without my brother was the hardest thing to do."

Theo pressed a gentle kiss to my forehead and whispered, "I can only imagine, but I'm glad to see you so happy again."

The movie continued to play, but I quickly fell asleep while Theo caressed my hair and held me in his arms. Even if I was sick, days like today were the best. Watching eighties movies, cuddling with my amazing boyfriend, and enjoying the peacefulness are all I could ask for.

Little did I know, everything was about to take a turn for the worst.

×××

Theo and I spent the rest of our day in my room until the sun no longer shined through my window. After I got a shower, the two of us walked down to the living room, only to see everyone was in the back yard. Theo and I joined them, and when we saw who was in front of Tobias, Theo's whole body grew rigid, and I watched as his eyes slowly turned red.

"What the hell are you doing here?" He growled, getting up in Blake's face, and all Blake did was smirk at Theo. He placed his hands on his hips, and Blake's eyes slowly turned blood red.

"I came to kill you and your weak pack, obviously." Blake threw his head back and let out a sinister laugh, before his lips curled into an evil smile, and his fangs slowly popped out. "After all, that is my main goal."

"You can't kill me."

"Oh yeah?" Blake retorted, his evil smile growing even bigger. "Why can't I?"

Now it was Theo's turn to smirk as he simply stated, "Because you will be dead before you can even try."

In the speed of light, Tobias and Damon had Blake's arms trapped behind his back, and Maggie was standing in front of him, holding a wooden dagger inches away from his cold, stone heart. Still, Blake smirked. It was as if he knew this was going to happen, and he had a back up plan.

"Don't touch him!" Jessie yelled, zipping to where Maggie stood, and we all shot him a confused, yet shocked look.

"Why not, Jessie? He is the enemy!" I hollered, and Jessie let out a sigh as he stared at Blake with such an unreadable look, that for a moment, I didn't believe it was Jessie standing there.