×Thirty-Seven×

Song: Chasing Cars- Snow Patrol

Theo and I were standing in front of my old house. This house was covered in stone with a little burgundy roof, and a pathway alined with purple and white flowers that led to the front door. Flower pots filled with white flowers were lying in the window sills, and a gentle breeze caused the willow tree sitting in the front yard to ruffle quietly.

As I stood there with Theo, I realized how much I missed that house. I missed waking up every morning to see the sun shining through my bedroom window, and how Jessie would come in and make me laugh first thing. I missed how whenever Jessie and I walked downstairs, mom and dad would be dancing around the kitchen to music as they cooked breakfast, and every evening, the four of us would go out back and mess around. I smiled to myself as I stared at the little house.

"How did I get here?" Theo asked himself, and I turned to him. My smile grew bigger at the thought of hearing him talk again, even though in reality he was comatose.

"I brought us here." I responded, and he froze for a second before glancing up at me. He walked closer to me until he was right in front of me, only a couple mere inches away from me.

"But.. But I'm in a coma. At the pack house." He glances at my house, "And I have never seen this house before in my life."

I sighed as I faced my house, and Theo mimicked my moves. I glanced over at him, and he watched me carefully.

"You are in a coma, and you are at the pack house, but Tobias taught me how to get into people's minds and show them things. I brought you to my old house." He nods slowly before his eyebrows crinkle in confusion.

"Why did you bring me to your house?" He questioned, and I shrugged. I honestly had no idea why I brought him here. It was the first place my mind thought of, and that's where my mind took us.

Maybe it was because I wanted him to see a glimpse of my old life, or maybe it was because this house had always made me feel safe, just like Theo does.  It could have been so I could be at my favorite place, with the only person I could ever truly love, because Theo felt like home to me.

"I don't know. It just felt like the right place." He nods again, and we walk up the path to the front door. I take a deep breath before placing my hand on the nob and slowly turning it.

When I enter the house, the first thing I notice is the mouthwatering aroma of pancakes and bacon flowing through the house. I quietly laugh to myself. Mom always made pancakes and bacon on Saturdays. I walked down the hall until I found the open doorway to the kitchen. Mom was standing in front of the stove flipping pancakes as she sung quietly to the radio playing classic hits.

Dad entered the kitchen and walked straight to mom. He placed a gentle kiss on her cheek and smiled at her. A small smile grew on her lips as she continued to sing, and until this memory, I never noticed the way dad stared at mom. He stared at her with so much love. He stared at her with so much adoration and amazement; It was almost like how Tobias stares at cake.

Trust me, that was a lot of love right there.

"That's your mom and dad?" Theo asked from beside me, and I nodded, a small smile growing on my lips. I walked over beside mom, and watched the two. Dad whispered something in mom's ear, and she let out a lively laugh. It was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen.

"Hi, mom. I miss you." I whispered, even though she couldn't hear me, and a single tear escaped my eye. I quickly wiped it away as Theo approached the three of us.

"Your parents really loved each other, didn't they?" I glanced over at him and nodded, and he continued to stare at my parents. I stared at them too, until Theo's warm hand grabbed mine, and I glanced down at our intertwined hands.