×Fifty-Three×

Song: Invisble- 5 Seconds of Summer

Four months later...

How do you move on?

That's a question not even I can answer. I'm supposed to be the strong, independent girl every thinks I am, and what I used to be, but lately, I have felt so weak. So... Defenseless.

It has been four months since Theo and I took that trip. He hasn't been mean to me, he hasn't hurt me, but I rarely ever see him. We haven't talked since the day we came back. I am pretty much invisible to Theo Rivera.

He is still with Harmony, and from the looks of it, their relationship has been the best it could ever be. He takes her on dates, he makes her special things, and he dances with her. Everything he does is for Harmony. There is no longer a Melody in Theo's life.

And it hurts.

Today is supposed to be a good day. It's supposed to be filled with celebration, laughter, family and friends, good food and dessert, and happiness, but for me, it's the complete opposite. For the first time ever, today is the most depressing, worst day of my life.

It's my birthday.

See my point? Birthdays are supposed to be fun. They are supposed to be filled with good feelings, but take a look at my life at the moment. My whole family is dead, I am invisible to my ex boyfriend, my twin sister is the devil's reincarnation, and the only family I have is the rest of the pack. I have never felt so alone and depressed in my life. So, if you must know, I'm not feeling that strong anymore, but I'm still fighting.

I dreaded getting out of bed this morning. It was pretty bad that I didn't even want to celebrate my own birthday, but I got out of bed anyway, cleaned up, and walked downstairs. The whole pack was in the kitchen eating breakfast, and everyone was either talking or laughing. Meanwhile, I quietly grabbed a bowl of cereal and sat beside Hazel.

I have changed drastically over the last four months. I used to be loud, sassy, and humorous, but now, I am the complete opposite. I never talk anymore unless I have to, my sass is almost completely gone, and I can't even make a good joke. It's almost as if someone has taken over my body and ripped away every good thing about me.

I guess that's what happens when the person you are in love with considers you invisible.

Hazel stared at me questioningly as I slowly ate my breakfast. I didn't answer, but I did let out a sigh and look away from her. I was the first to finish my breakfast, which was ironic since I was the last to even wake up, and then I left the kitchen and walked out to the back porch. I sat in one of the white rocking chairs and pulled my knees up to my chest, watching the clouds drift through the sky.

I could hear the back door slide open and close, but I didn't know who came out. They watched me for a couple of minutes before they walked behind the chair I was in and rested their hands on it. I didn't move. I just kept my eyes locked on the sky.

"Why haven't you been eating?" That familiar, deep voice questioned, the one I had been longing to hear for four months, and I froze. I didn't know what to say or how to react. He was right there, and he was talking to me.

I let out a sigh as I mumbled, "I have been eating. I just ate breakfast."

"No, Mel. You haven't been eating normally. You lost a lot of weight over the past four months." He responded, and I let out a bitter laugh.

"Isn't that what you wanted? I mean, you always said I needed to lose weight." I bit back, and he moved away from my chair. I thought he was going to walk back inside, but instead, he kneeled down in front of me and took my hands in his own, his eyes filled with worry.