×Thirty-Four×

Song: Where Do Broken Hearts Go- One Direction

"Rise and shine, Mel! It's a new morning!" Hazel's cheery voice enthuses as she enters my room, and I let out a groan as I bury my head in my pillow.

Last night was rough. After I heard everything Theo said, we fought, and I cried all night, I never fell asleep. I stayed up all night tossing and turning, trying to think of anything but him. Sadly, my mind decided he was the topic of the night.

Stupid mind.

Hazel pulled me up from my pillow and turned me so that I was facing her. She was smiling, but it quickly faded when she saw my puffy eyes and sad demeanor.

"Talk to me, Mel. I don't like seeing you like this."

"I... I loved him, Hazel," I look away from her as a single tear escapes my eye, "but he is in love with Willow."

I whisper as another tear falls, and Hazel sighs before pulling me into a hug. I cry into her shoulder, and she holds me tightly as if knowing at any second I could fall apart.

"I hate him for what he did. He's my brother, but sometimes he makes stupid decisions." She let's out a small chuckle before pulling away and placing her hands on my shoulders, "But believe me when I say that you are the one he loves. He can say he loves Willow all he wants, but you are the one he protects the most. Remember that."

I was about to argue with what she said, but her phone started to ring. She held her finger up to me and grabbed her phone out of her pocket, putting it up to her ear.

"Hello?" She says, and since I have super hearing thanks to being a vampire, I could hear their whole conversation.

"Hey, little sis! It's your favorite brother Tobias." Hazel rolls her eyes, and I giggle. Tobias is always the one to make us laugh even when we don't feel like it.

"What the hell do you want?" She says, a small smile on her face, and Tobias gasps.

"Offensive!" He pauses, "Anyway, our dearest brother got himself in a predicament and is currently fighting Bloodbound. Aka, we need back up asap."

Hazel let's out a groan before standing up and walking out of my room. I quickly get up and change into a pair of leggings and a v-neck with a black jacket. After I pull my hair up in a ponytail and slide on my converses, I walk out of my room and meet Hazel at the front door.

"So I guess we are going to save the idiot brothers?" I question, and Hazel bursts out laughing.

"Definitely. Superwoman's to the rescue."

×××

"Hazel and Melody, nice of you to finally show up to the party!" Tobias glares at us before turning around and punching a vampire in the face. Hazel and I roll our eyes before Hazel starts fighting a guy who was about to attack Tobias.

I looked around and saw Theo fighting Maggie, while Hazel and Tobias ganged up on another vampire. When I look straight ahead of me, Blake was standing with his arms crossed over his chest, watching everyone fight with a smirk on his face.

I was more than happy to see my target had nobody fighting him yet.

I ran at full speed toward him before I knocked him down. He was taken by surprise, so he fell to the ground with ease.

"Melody! So good to see you again." He smirked up at me, and I rolled my eyes before punching him in the face.

"I would say the same for you, but considering you tortured me for five days, I would like to send a big F you to you." I hiss, and Blake bursts out laughing. I stare at him in confusion before hitting him again.