×Epilogue×

Song: 18- One Direction

Four years later...

Since I have become immortal, I never truly thought about what it would have been like if I had never become a vampire.

Until today.

For starters, my family would have still been here. I know what happened to Jessie was natural, and no matter how much it hurt, no matter if I was alive as a human or dead as a vampire, he would have died either way. What happened to him was simply human nature. It happened because it happened.

But, mom and dad would have still been alive, and I would have still been living in our comfortable house in our little neighborhood, and I still would have been a high school senior, preparing to take on the next chapter of my life.

I still would have been with Blake, the boyfriend I thought was the perfect match for me, and we would have traveled the world together after college. We would have created our own family, and we would have left the city of Chicago for good. I would have pursued my dream of becoming a doctor who saved lives, and he would've had a job of his own, and every day we would have come home to our two beautiful little children who looked exactly like him and I. Our life would have been perfect. My life would have been normal.

The only downside to the human life? I wouldn't have met the amazing people I met after becoming immortal. Hazel would have never been my best friend. Maggie and Tobias would have never been like my big brother and sister, and Maggie would have never been reunited with her siblings. I would have never got the chance to hear the twin's story, joke around with Brett and Damon, or see how happy Hazel was when Parker came back to her.

But most of all, I would have never met Theo. The one person who understood me when nobody else could. I would have never gotten to see his human side, the side of him that was so compassionate, funny, kind, loving, and overall genuinely amazing. I would have never had the chance to fall for him and figure out that when you fell for Theo, you fell hard, and there was no going back once you fell, and I would have never experienced the love Theo Rivera gave, for he loved with all of his heart.

And boy, was it an amazing love.

So yeah, my life as a human would have been good. I would've had the normal experience every other human got to have, but I would have never met the love of my life if I had stayed human.

And it's all thanks to that one decision to take a different way home.

Of course, another thought struck me. What if Theo had never saved me that night? Would I have died? Would Blake have found me and taken me to his pack to torture me? Even then, Theo wouldn't have been a major part of my life, and now that I have experienced a life with him, I couldn't imagine a life without him. I would have never seen those beautiful brown eyes, or that dazzling smile of his. I would have never felt the soft touch of his hand, especially the night he saved me, and I would have never known what it was like to actually feel safe and protected. Theo made me feel those things, and most of all, he made me feel beautiful-- something I didn't think I was.

"Penny for your thoughts?" He asked, sitting beside me on the hill as we watched Alaska run around the fields, occasionally stopping to breathe in the yellow roses. Theo had taken me to this spot a couple times, considering he loved it so much because of his mother and Hazel, and that spot always brought me a sense of peace when he was with me.

"I was just thinking about what my life would have been like if I wasn't a vampire." I replied, and he sighed, intertwining our fingers as he stared at the ground with sorrow filled eyes.

"I'm sorry I took that away from you, princess."

"What? You didn't take anything away from me." I cupped his face with my hands and made him look at me, staring into those deep brown eyes I loved so much. "You have made me more happy than I have ever been, Theo. My life has never been better. I wouldn't have met or fell in love with you, and we wouldn't have Alaska. You saved me, Theo, and I am crazily in love with you."