×Fifty-One×

Song: Tomorrow- Chris Young

Today is the day.

Today is the day of the trip I have dreaded. The trip that would test just how strong I was, and just how much more I could take of this new Theo.

The days have pretty much moved in slow motion, leading up to this day. For the past three nights, I have had extremely vivid nightmares of what Theo did, and every time I would wake up drenched in sweat with loud sobs escaping my mouth, completely hysterical from that night. I couldn't cope with the fact that now, my whole family was gone. Not one of them was left. I was all alone.

Two days ago, Hazel and Maggie helped me get a little closure with my father. Dad always said he wanted to be cremated, so I respected his wishes. It was the least I could do for not being there soon enough to save him.

Hazel, Maggie, and I took dad's ashes down to the river. I also bought a bouquet of yellow roses. Yellow was his favorite color, and I loved the simplicity of roses.

The sun was just beginning to rise, and to me, the sun rising for a new day was like showing that dad was in a much better place. He was okay, he was healthy, but most importantly, he was with mom and Jessie, and even if I wasn't with them, everything would be okay.

Even if I was heartbroken and grief-stricken, they would always be with me, right in my heart. Every end was a new beginning, and that would just have to be the thing I used to keep me going.

I opened the lid to the vase dad's ashes was in, and I took a deep breath before I freed them into the river. I then grabbed the yellow roses from Hazel, and one by one, I let the flowers go, watching as they gracefully drifted down the river, illuminated by the morning skies.

Hazel and Maggie wrapped their arms around me, and I silently cried as the three of us watched the roses and dad's ashes disappear in the river. It was simple, sweet, and a part of me felt okay, but I would always carry the burden of his death.

After I woke up this morning, I hopped in the shower, staying in there for longer than needed. I was really dreading this trip. I didn't know how I could survive a whole 24 hours with the guy who killed my father.

It was hard to look at the person you used to be head over heels in love with (and might still be), and see a monster. A monster who was so cold, so heartless, yet could still rope you in with those big brown eyes.

As you can tell, I'm struggling a lot.

Since I still had nothing, Hazel had to take me to get an outfit for the meeting. She bought me a gray v-neck, black jeans, converses, and a leather jacket. I decided to use the clothes I had on to sleep in, that way Theo and Harmony couldn't burn anything unless they thought of burning me with it.

Theo put his stuff in his car, and the whole pack came out to the front where he was parked. Harmony ran up to him, sobbing like a nut case as she clung to his neck. Seriously? Did she even realize we were only going to be gone for 24 hours? Was she that clingy? Wait, I should really be asking, was she that much of a psychopath?

I'm sure you all know my answer to that one.

Theo wiped away her tears, whispered something in her ear, and planted a long, passionate kiss on her lips. I had to look away when he wrapped his arms around her and pulled her closer. Hazel walked up to me and pulled me in for a tight hug.

"It's going to be okay, Mel. He might just change." She whispered to me, and I let out a sigh.

I highly doubted he would change as long as Harmony was around. It sucked that I was even related to someone as insane as her, but it also sucked that she was the much prettier, skinnier version of me, and she had Theo wrapped around her skinny little finger.