×Forty-Eight×

Song: Separate Ways- Journey

When I reached my room, a single, hot tear trickled down my cheek. I was angry, raging, but most of all I was hurt. I was heartbroken. It's hard to look at the person you are in love with and see the person who wants you dead.

I hopped in the shower and let the hot water relax my muscles, but it didn't heal my heart or the pain I felt deep inside. Vampires could heal instantly, but yet we could still fill pain? Our hearts could still be broken? That's some bullshit.

But I guess being half human doesn't ever cancel out the pain. No matter how hard you try to shut off your emotions, no matter how many times you hurt the people who hurt you, the pain will always overpower. The heartbreak will always be evident. You can never take away true emotions, for that is what makes us human.

When I got out of the shower, I slipped on one of these old shirts and a pair of sweatpants. His shirts with their faintest scent of that amazing cologne seemed to be the only things that lessened the pain. When I wore his shirts, it felt as if his warm, strong arms were wrapped around me.

I was just about to climb in my bed when a knock came from my door. I opened it, and Hazel stood in front of me, her eyes filled with worry.

"Are you okay?" She asked, and I slowly nod, looking at the ground.

"I'm fine. There's nothing else he could do to hurt me." I reply, my voice weak, and Hazel let's out a sigh.

"Okay, but be careful." My eyes shoot up, and the worried look on her face from earlier is back, and it's even more evident. "I have never seen Theo so mad over something in his life, and there's no telling how far he will go."

Hazel gives me a tight hug before she walks away. When I look up, I see him. His still red eyes bore into mine, and it felt as if I was slowly melting under his gaze. His eyes were vicious when they were mad. They could kill you in a split second and he would feel no remorse.

I quickly shut the door and let out a shaky deep breath. Even seeing a glimpse of him killed me inside.

When I calmed down again, I climbed in my bed, and instantly fell into a dreamless sleep.

×××

"My shirts are in the third drawer down. Grab them all." I heard someone whisper, but everything was dark. I was so tired, I didn't even feel like opening my eyes.

"I got them. Now what?" Another voice replied, and the voice closest to me let out a sigh.

"Take them to my room, and go downstairs. I will be there in a minute."

Footsteps grow distant, and then I hear my door open and close. For a couple of minutes, it is silent, and I begin to fall back asleep.

Until someone grabs the hem of my shirt and begins to pull it off of me.

My eyes shoot open, and even in the dark, I can see those twinkling brown eyes through it all.

"What the hell are you doing!?" I yell, grabbing my shirt and pulling it back down, and Theo grabs it again and tries to pull it off of me.

"This is my shirt, and I refuse to let you wear it. Besides, you probably stretched it to the max with your body." He hisses back, and I began to smack his arms.

"You're an asshole!" I scream, and he straddles me as he attempts to rip my shirt off again. "Get the hell off of me!"

I was still hitting his arms when he ripped the shirt in half. He literally ripped it right down the middle, and then he pulled it completely off of me, leaving me in my black lace bra. Everything went silent, and all he could do was stare down at me, and then he did the unthinkable.