Swordplay (4)

"Come on!" Zelda complained, shouting at the TV in the living room.

"You've been screaming at the video game for almost an hour," Link informed dryly.

"That's all?" she asked. "I keep dying at the same spot and it feels like an eternity already."

"Well stop doing that then," he said with a smirk.

"Shut up, you're not any better at this than I am. In fact, you're horrible," she growled.

Link didn't look offended from her insult. "So what you're saying is... I have more of a life than you."

"Yeah, but what kind of life could you possibly have without a television or a laptop..."

Link smiled slightly as he folded the newspaper he was reading, "One in the real world."

Zelda made a face, crinkling her nose. "Lame," she said, and then she tried to play again. It was only a few moments later when she growled in frustration again at her Nintendo, then threw the brick of a controller beside the console, "You know what, I'm done."

"About time. Why don't you take a walk or something."

"Because I walked from school to the lab, and then home yesterday."

"That was yesterday," Link said.

"Your point?"

He sighed and then shrugged. "Whatever, do what you like."

Zelda pulled her laptop over to her lap and then turned it on. Only a minute later she was growling in frustration. Again. "Ah come on! The WiFi isn't working," she said dramatically.

"Let me see," Link said in a long-suffering voice.

She raised an eyebrow. Have you ever even touched a computer before? "Fine," she said as she handed it over.

Link took it and stared down at the screen. "Well, it's working over here."

Zelda frowned and walked over. She looked at the WiFi and shook her head. "No, see, it's going all over the place."

"It wasn't a second ago," he shrugged.

"That's so annoying...."

"Guess you'll have to go on that walk now. You have nothing else to do."

"I guess so..."

"I'll come along," he said as he set the newspaper aside.

She pressed her lips together in annoyance. "Fine. Let's go."

-_-_-

With Zelda's computer acting up still and no other way to ignore Link and his obnoxious company... She decided she might as well accept it and have whatever fun that she could.

"What?" Link asked.

"You heard me. Teach me to use a sword."

He just stared at her. "You?"

"Oh shut up, you've known me all of five days."

He shrugged. "Alright, as you wish then," he said as he led her out to the backyard to find two sticks.

"You're left-handed?" Zelda realized as Link held his pretend sword.

"Yeah, you hadn't noticed?"

"... No."

After the lesson deteriorated to her just trying to mindlessly hit him with her stick, he was the one who got to be frustrated with her.

Through it all, she kept complaining that he was going easy on her and that he shouldn't be afraid to hurt her.