Epilogue (47)

~Written by Zelda~

"I've had a good life, minus the mayhem and almost dying... But for the most part, I had a good life.

I'm having a good life.

I'm only nineteen so I've got some time to go... Hopefully.

Link and I are staying in the cabin for some time while I recover from becoming mortal.

Everything hurts. Sitting, walking, sleeping, cooking... It's incredible how many things I did while indestructible that do damage now.

Got my first paper cut the other day... I think that might be the worst pain I've ever experienced... Jk.

Kinda.

Another reason that we stayed at the cabin was so that I could adjust before we move to Hyrule. By adjust, I really mean learn how to be a functioning mortal. Boring, I know.

Trust me, I really know.

With the powers of the stone gone, I became a normal girl. Albeit with Hylian parents, so I'm actually one too.

And you know what that means?

WINGS.

I HAVE WINGS!

Flying is so much harder than I thought it would be. And so is learning to phase them. Sometimes I'll only get one wing out and...that's really embarrassing...

Oh, and I'm sure whoever is reading this will be interested to know that my wings are this dappled shade of blonde and brown. Plus they glimmer sorta pink... It's really cool.

Anyways... speaking of parents... Kaebora and Tel returned to Hyrule now that the monster is gone. I don't care to write his name; that beast doesn't deserve to be remembered.

As for that whole mystery of why the evil whatever-the-heck he was looked like Kaebora was that... well... Kaebora is the king of Hyrule. So that monster was disguised as him for seventeen years.

Telthati wasn't a normal queen when she had me... They were married but in secret. There were many enemies to the throne at that time, even within the kingdom, so they had to hide their relationship, (especially after I was born) from all of the civilizations of the floating islands.

I'm not exactly sure how I got the stone's powers, and how everything turned downhill... But Tel said she would explain it to me the next time we visit the castle.

Which should be in the next week. Link is having me fly all the way up there to practice... Flying is fun and all but why does it have to be so hard!?!

Anyways, Link and I are-"

Zelda stopped typing and looked up from her laptop as Link came in through the cabin door. "Hey you're back already," she said with a smile. Then she frowned and had to hold back a giggle as she took in the sight of him.

Link was red-faced and holding a bouquet of flowers behind his back, but they weren't hidden very well at all.

"You look a little... uncomfortable," she commented.

"What? Uncomfortable? No..." he said, fumbling over his words slightly. "Uhm..." he walked over and drew the flowers from behind him. He held them out and she took them.

"Was this what you went out shopping for? I think you took too much money with you." She giggled.

"No that wasn't all..." Link replied, and then he hesitated. He sat beside her then put an arm around her and drew her in.

She met him in the middle, setting aside the flowers for the moment so she could wrap her arms around his shoulders.

After a minute he drew back and looked away. "I don't... I don't really understand the customs down here on Starfall but... but I tried to plan this right..." he said softly. "After almost losing you, I knew without any doubt you were the one I couldn't live without," he finished, looking back at her.

Zelda's face turned a deeper shade of red as he said that. "That... that was the reason I came back you know... When the goddesses were trying to convince me to become divine... I chose to be mortal for you."

As he stared at her and drank in her words, Link's nervousness calmed. He leaned forward and kissed her. Just once, then he moved off the couch and sank to one knee in front of her. "That all said..." he drew a small box from his hoodie pocket. "Zelda... it's dangerous to go alone," he started as he cracked open the box, "Take me."

Zelda pressed her lips together to stop herself from laughing. He had admitted he didn't know Starfall traditions very well... But it had been close enough.

Then her brain went into overdrive. Link just asked me to marry him.

LINK JUST ASKED ME TO MARRY HIM!?

"We sure have come a long way..." she said softly, staring not at the ring in the box, but the face of the one she loved. "Is there even a question?" she slipped off the couch and pulled him into a tight hug.