1: Lucky: High School

"Are you excited?" My father asked. I nod.

"Yes," I smile. Today was my first day of high school. And I was very excited.

"Good," his father smile. "Just don't fall."

"Alan," his mother smack him. "Leave him alone. Don't worry sweetie. I'm sure you'll have a good day."

"Thanks, mamá," I smile. I grab a butter knife and use it to spread strawberry marmalade on my toast. I set it down and took a bite. "Yum."

"Eat up," my mother smile.

"Morning!" I look back. Ryan walked in and sat down. "Where's my mother?"

"Oh she left early," my mother said.

"Alright," Ryan bonk my head. "Hey, clumsy ready for today?"

"Ryan, stop calling him clumsy," my father said. "Now hurry up."

I ate my toast happily.

When I finished, I brush my teeth again. Once I got done with that, I waited outside for my father. Ryan waited too. He will tag along since we're going to the same school. It's his last year. And my first.

"Alright let's go," I got in the passenger seat. While Ryan in the back seat.

Ryan is old enough to drive. But his restless and can't stand still. He already crashed his first car. So now he has to earn one, by working.

"Now, you'll have to walk home," my father said. "I have work to do. You have your phones. If you need anything call me."

"Yes dad," I smile.

When we arrive at the school, I felt anxious. I wanted just to run.

"Have fun," I nodded and got out.

Looking around, I didn't know where to go. Ryan had already ditched me.

"Hey!" I look over at Flower. She ran to me and hugged me. "Lucky, I got your schedule for you. We have the same classes. So does Cathy, right?" Cathy nod. She needs to leave that shell. "Come on; I want to check the library." Flower dragged us to the library. She loves to read. "Whoa!" She ran in and looked around. "Huge, lots of books." We follow behind.

I looked through some books. History books. That's when I found a book about felines and their histories. I grabbed it and looked through it. I'll check it out. I held on to the book. I look around for two more books. Once I got my books, I check them out. It was a self-checkout. Technology is advancing.

After I check them out, I slipped them into my backpack. I walked over to Flower and Cathy.

"Come on Cathy," Flower shook her. "Talk more. Be more talkative." Cathy only looked down. "My goal is to make you talkative and bring you out of that shell. Right, Lucky?"

"Yes," I smile.

"Now let's get going," we walked out and toward our first class. Well, it wasn't time yet.

So we looked for our other classes it was easy to find later on. The bell rang, and we headed to our class. We sat in the back.

As we waited for the rest of the students to come in, I looked around the classroom. Just like junior high, but more significant words.

Most of the students, I already know from last year.

"Oh excited," Flower giggle. "Oh my god, hot guy." I look over, and a boy with dark hair and stunning blue eyes walked in. He wore, skinny black jeans and a white shirt. I could see the muscles underneath. "Wow."

"Have a seat everyone," the teacher walked in.

I sat there, trying not to stare at the guy. Not because of his good looks but because he was staring back at me. It's like he knew me, and I knew him. Though, I can't remember where.

Through the whole class, he would turn and stare. I tried avoiding eye contact.

After class, I left quickly. Flower nudge me.

"He was staring at you all hour long," she giggles. "He must like you."

"No," I shook my head.

"Yes,"Flower smile. "You are gorgeous. Who wouldn't want you."

"But," I look down. "I'm clumsy; no one will want to date me."

"Clumsy or not," Flower wrapped her arm around my shoulder. "Your cute, and besides being clumsy is what makes you different from others. Nobody perfect. Just like me, I'm all about those pastels and bright neon colors. I'm a rainbow."

I chuckle. Flower is different. I think she stands out the most. Her hair is a blue and pink. Her outfit, a black skirt, and a bright pink top. With black leggings, a rainbow high tops. She was just full of colors.

"Cathy different too," Flower said. "She's shy and timid. And she's girly." That was for sure. Cathy is girly. She wore a dark blue skirt that was above her knees, and one of that blouse that button up from the bottom. And long socks and black boots. She looked pretty. Her hair curly and nicely tamed."And you, skinny jeans and a normal rock band shift. With black vans."

"Yeah," I smile.

"We're all different," Flower smile. "So live a little and if that guy asks you out, say yes."

"Okay," I love her. She's the best.

Through the whole day until lunchtime, I had that boy in the same classes. And in all of them, he would stare at me. It was uncomfortable and made my face heat up. I felt embarrassed.

"Whoa," I gasp. "Careful there." I look up and saw a guy. He was stunning. His brown hair and honey eyes.

"Sorry," I look down.

"It's fine," he smiles. "I'm Joshua Beckett; I'm a sophomore."

"Ah, Lucky," I shook his hand. "Lucky Ivan Grace Vandal."

"Lucky?" Joshua looked at me. I looked down. "Nice name."

"Thanks," I felt embarrassed.

"Lucky come on!" Flower dragged me away before I could even say bye. "Two guys hitting on you, awesome! This school year will be fantastic."

We got in line to get food. I got some spicy chicken with fries and chips. Flower and Cathy got chicken nuggets.

We sat down outside since inside there weren't any more tables.

But outside it was lovely.

"So who you going to choose?" Flower asked.

"No one," I said. "Those two are still strangers to me, so no."

"Sooner than later," Flower smile.

I sigh, she really, wants me to get a boyfriend.

High school wasn't so, terrible. I'll still have to get used to it. But I'm sure I'll do well. Besides, I still have my goal to make new friends. Maybe Joshua could be my friend. He seemed nice. I look around, hoping to spot him. And I did. He sat a few tables away. Lots of people surrounded him. He must be popular. I'll never get a chance to be friends with him. But why is he waving at me? I waved back.

"Oh he must have found you attractive," Flower wiggles her eyebrows. I blush.

This year will be a great one.
----------------
Oh, Kyle will be angry someone is after Lucky.

And Joshua, are his intentions good?

We shall see.

Comment
Vote
Follow

Saya