26: Lucky: Transformation

Groaning, I stood up. I felt dizzy and disoriented. What happened?

'We shifted,' Ink said. 'Aren't we beautiful. But first our mate, Kyle his injured badly.'

I gasped and opened my eyes. I saw Kyle laying a few feet away. He didn't seem to be moving. It was like he was dying. I need to get to him. I started to walk over. It felt weird being on all fours.

Shaking my head, I looked at Kyle. Hold on, baby. I had just taken a step forward when I got tackle down. I winced as I felt a sharp pain in my shoulder.

'If I can't kill your father, I'll kill you!'

Gustin. I tried to fight him off. But I was still new to this new form. And he was much larger than me. How can I fight him?

'Get off my son!'

Father. I was so happy he was here.

He chomped down on Gustin back right leg and dragged him. But Gustin bit latched onto my side and he wouldn't let go. It was so, painful.

I felt as he was going to rip my side. I'll need to get him off.

I claw at his face. He cried out and loosened his grip on me. I took advantage and crawl out. But I didn't get far. He bit my tail.

'Oh, he's going to get it now!' Ink growl.

Next thing I knew. I wasn't in control anymore. I could see and feel, but it wasn't me.

It was Ink in control. She's such a badass.

'There we go, no let's go to Kyle,' Ink said.

I was back in control. I ran toward Kyle. He wasn't moving. I was scared he was dead. Once I had reached him, I lower my head and nudge him. He was warm. He smells nice.

I kept nudging him. His ears moved. That's a sign that his alright.

'Ky won't answer me,' Ink said. 'I can't sense them.'

'Why aren't they responding?' I was panicking.

I didn't know what to do. What can I do to help?

I look back and saw my father and another wolf. I didn't recognize it at all. But his scent was familiar.

I lay down and cuddle Kyle. I have to protect him.

'Lucky!'

I turned back and saw Gustin jumped high. I left my guard down. How could I be so stupid?

'You won't hurt him!'

Kyle suddenly met Gustin. And they fought like vicious dogs. With me stuck in the middle. It was like the monkey in the middle. Except it's hybrid in the middle.

'Lucky run!' Kyle yelled.

'I'm trying,' I said.

I whimper as I saw the blood dripping from Kyle side. His badly wounded but kept fighting. I'm worried that he'll die on me. I must do something.

I latched on to Gustin side and held on. I tasted blood. I kept on biting.

He would claw my back and tried to pry me off. But I held on for dear life. I'll give Kyle enough time to take him down. For once, I'm doing something right.

I lost my grip and ripped a chunk of skin and hair. Gross. I spit it out.

"Lucky!" My father was back to human. And does the other wolf. It can't be. Victor. But how, he died. He was dead.

"I'll explain later," Victor smile. "Wow, your huge and sparkly." I tilt my head. "You're a wolf, but with eyes of a feline. Your fur is massive, white fur." I haven't had time to look in a mirror. So when Victor described it to me, I was curious.

"You are beautiful," my father rub head. "Anyways, I can't shift anymore. At least for a while. So Lucky you'll have to help Kyle." I nod. "Go." I licked his hand and ran toward where Kyle was beneath Gustin.

I jumped onto Gustin back and chomped down on the side of his neck. I think I puncture a blood vessel because blood was oozing out of his neck.

'Even if I die, I'm taking him with me!' Gustin said in my head. 'Your boyfriend here, forced himself to shift when he was at his weakest. That caused serious damage. And he will forever remain a wolf. He will lose his humanity and turn into a beast a wolf beast that will be put down. So let's make this easy. And put him down!'

His lying. Kyle will shift back. He can't be in that form forever.

"Lucky watch out!"

I gasp.

You know the phrase when someone is about to die. I saw my life flash before my eyes. Well, I didn't see that. All I saw was red. Red splattering all over. And then, it stopped. I looked down at saw Kyle laying in a puddle of blood. He was still in wolf form.

His eyes were wide open. They were staring at nothing. I nudge his side. But he didn't even move. He didn't blink. Nothing.

'Now...your...turn.'

"No, you won't," I heard a gunshot. But I didn't bother to look. All that I wanted was go the with Kyle.

I kept nudging him, hoping he would wake up.

"Lucky shift back," my father said.

I didn't listen, but I did shift back. I threw myself at Kyle. I shook him.

"Kyle, wake up, it's over," I cried. "You don't have to pretend anymore. We can go home. Kyle, please get up."

"Lucky," my father tried to pull me off, Kyle. "There's nothing we can do. Please let him go."

He pulled me off and held me so tightly. I couldn't fight him to let go.

"Ah!" I look at Emilio. He fell on his knees and gather Kyle body. I struggle.

He can't be dead. Kyle can't be dead.

"Victor, please take him," my father handed me over to him. "If he tries to run. Knock him out. His in pain right now. So please get him home."

"Yes of course," Victor dragged me away. All I wanted was to die. So I can be with Kyle.

No matter what I did. Victor didn't let go.

"How?" I sob. "How is it that your alive and his not?"

"Because I heal," he said. "That's my gift. I heal faster than any other wolf. The moment the bullets hit me. I began to heal. My body pushed the bullets out. It took awhile, but here I am. I'm sorry about Kyle. But he loved you enough to give his life for you. Don't waste it by killing yourself."

I cried out loudly. Victor held me. He comforted me. Not sure how much I cried. But I felt him carry me home. Well, I was in a car now. I felt someone beside me.

"Lucky," it was Flower and Jazz. "We got you. It will be alright."

No, it won't ever be alright.
------------------------
Oh no. Kyle!

What will happen now? Stay tuned.

Comment
Vote
Follow

Saya