9: Lucky: Boiling Point

It was Sunday morning. And I'm with my parents at the mall shopping. They needed some distraction.

"Lucky, how about this?" And Flower tagged along. "This is cute." She held a white shirt with a picture of a panda eating a bamboo stick. It was cute for her. "I'm taking it."

I sigh.

As I walked around the store, looking for pants. I got distracted and ended up bumping into someone.

"Oh sorry," I look up. "Joshua."

"Hey Lucky," he smiles. "Fancy seeing you here."

"I'm out shopping with my parents and Flower," I smile. "And you?"

"I'm just shopping, with some friends," he said. I notice he was wearing a black shirt and skinny jeans. Some Vans, and a beanie. He looked hot. I shouldn't think that I have Kyle.

"That's cool," I said.

"Yeah, well I'll see tomorrow at school," he hugged me.

"Okay," I hugged him back.

When he left, Flower walked over and wiggled her eyebrows.

"Isn't wonderful how two guys like you," Flower sigh. "It's like one of those romance novels so romantic."

"I have Kyle," I shook my head. She could be so, cheesy.

I left her there and kept looking for clothes. After hopping from stores for stores. I was already exhausted. We took a break, while dad took our bags to the car.

"Hmm," we were at the food court. I was staring up at the menu of the Italian food. "So difficult to choose." In the end, I ended up ordering pizza and some lasagna with breadsticks.

"Wow, someone is hungry," Flower grin. "Your not pregnant are you?" My mother gasp.

"No, I am not," I cross my arms. "I'm not even sure if my wolf or cat is female."

"Wasn't he born a pup?" Flower asked my mother.

"Yes, a male pup," mom said. "But I'm not sure if he was a pup. His fur was so, different. And his ears were pointy and furry. His tail too. And his eyes. They were a wolf-like but cat-like. A hybrid. But I'm not sure about now. Maybe the gender change. Only time will tell."

"I rather he adopts," my father sat next to mom. "Imagine him having babies with that Kyle."

"Daddy," I pout. "Kyle isn't so, bad."

"You don't know that," dad said. "But I said I would give him a chance and I will."

I nod.

Once we got our food, we sat there eating and talking until a man walked over. Wanting to talk to dad. I frowned.

"Mom who's that?" I looked over at where they were talking.

"One of your father men," mom said. "His investigating something that been happening around the borders. Your uncle, Luis, is also helping out. It seems someone may want to challenge your father."

"Challenge for what?" It was strange.

"For the Alpha position," that can't be.

"Is that possible?" Flower asked.

"Yes," mom sigh. "But your father won't let that happen. He has many allies who are willing to fight with him to defend our pack since those allies depend on your father and Luis. And of your grandfather, Cesar. Those the packs are on the top three. If your father does down, so do the other packs. But it won't happen. Everything will be fine."

I am hoping nothing of what mom told me happens. I don't know what will happen if my father loses our pack.

I continue eating. My father came back and sat down.

"So?" Mom looked at him.

"Someone is trying to challenge me," dad said. "But it won't be valid. Since his a rogue. With no pack. Or anything. Aside from that. He's wanted for murder. Luis and Cesar, have men's around trying to find him. Once his capture. He'll be trail and send to jail."

"Well, that's good," mom smile.

I sigh. Things will be alright. I'm sure of it.

But what if things don't go well. There's always that doubt.

After we finish eating. We walked around buying more things. I bumped into Joshua a few more times.

It was a beautiful day until we got home.

"Ryan I warning you now, stop misbehaving!" I heard auntie Naya. "This isn't how you act; you are not yourself."

"Well, I changed!" Ryan yelled back. "Maybe I want to be different. Maybe I don't want to be this cheerful kid anymore."

"I won't have it," Naya said.

"What's going?" My father walked in.

"Ryan has been acting up," Naya said. "And I want to know why? First, you kiss Lucky. And then you're acting up."

"You kissed my son?!" My father bared his fangs. Ryan stepped back and hid behind Naya. "You little brat. I don't know what has gotten into you. But you better fix it. If you misbehave, again I'll send you to boarding school."

"You can't tell me what to do," Ryan talked back. "You're not my father." He has never done that before. What has gotten into him?

"Ryan!" Naya shook his head. "That's enough." Naya dragged Ryan away.

"This isn't good," my mother said. "Isn't too late to be having a rebellious age?"

"Yes and no," my father sigh. "Something is seriously wrong with that boy. And I'll make sure he fixes his problems."

With that said I went up to my room and put my things away. I seriously want to know why Ryan is acting up. It has to be, with what happened to his mother. Something inside him got triggered. Like a switch was turned on.

He could be dangerous. I'll have to keep an eye on him. Be cautious when I'm near him. He could kiss me again. And I don't want that to happen.

I hope Ryan goes back to how he was. Because this new Ryan, I don't like who knows what kind of trouble he'll cause.

I swear it feels like a storm is heading our way. And it will be a nasty one. I could already feel it. It what my animal instinct tells me. I stood up and walked over to the window. Looking out at the sky, I wrapped my arms around me.

I'll pray that nothing terrible happens.
---------------------
Sorry for the late update. I have just been dealing with a lot of things.

I'll try to update soon.

Thank you for your patience's.

Comment
Vote
Follow

Saya