27: Sammy: Mourning

"Alan, I'm worried," I peeked into Lucky's room.

"He's fine," Alan peeked in too. "He went to school today. The boy, Neil. Told me that Lucky smile and interacted with his classmates. Just give him time."

"But its been two months now, we are on December," I frowned. "Isn't it about time Lucky went out and had fun. He can't keep mourning. It's not healthy for him."

"I know, you just let me worry about it," he rubbed my belly. "Worry about our baby. Remember what the doctor said."

"I'm not the one carrying the baby," I said. "Sam is very capable of protecting our baby. Besides she's worry about Lucky."

"We all are," Alan kiss my cheek. "But we have to let him be alone. He'll eventually come around."

"Fine," I sigh.

Since that day, Lucky hasn't been himself. And I worry that he will never be the same ever again. Losing someone that means the world to us, can be hard especially if you didn't get enough time with them.

I went downstairs and sat on the rocking chair. I resume knitting everything around seems so, normal. But two months ago, it was chaos. Now we had to start all over. Thankfully there wasn't that much damage. Few burn house and stores got broken into, but we are slowly rising back up. The town and its stores are open again. School is back in session though there were a few deaths. But no minor ones. Aside from Kyle. Poor thing. Poor my son. Lucky is the one that's suffering more.

"Knock knock," I look up at Donny.

"Donny hi," I smile. He walked over and sat on the couch.

"How's Lucky?" He asked.

"He's alright," I set the knitting aside. "He's still not the same. I'm so worried about him."

"Well, I been thinking," Donny smile. "During summer vacation. I'm taking Cathy and Flower on a camping trip. So maybe I'll take Lucky. So that he can get away from here, for a while."

"That sounds like a good idea," this will be an excellent opportunity for Lucky to relax.

Later that night, I told Alan about the camping trip.

"I don't know," Alan bit my ear. "I mean, it sounds like a good idea. I don't want him to do something while we aren't there."

"Don't worry, Donny and Cole will be there," I pushed him away.

"Fine," he sighs. "But now you owe me." He grinned and smacked my ass.

He's such a meanie. But I love him.

I kissed him, as his hand roams my body. He could be rough sometimes. Sometimes he would leave me bruises. But it's all worth it.

"Alan not too hard," I gripped his shoulder. He had already entered me. He's so, reckless.

"You love it though," how right he is. He planted kisses on my face. I giggled and licked his cheek. "Yeah, sexy." I laugh until he flipped me over and handed me on my hands and knees. This position always brings the bashfulness out of me. But I like it. It feels good from behind.

"I love you," I lower my upper body down.

"And I love you," I smile and close my eyes.

The next few days went by fast. Christmas was approaching. And I was in the living room wrapping gifts.

"Mom," I look up at Lucky.

"Hey sweetie," I smile. "Need something?"

"No," he sat down. "Need help?"

"Sure," I handed him some wrapping paper. "Careful with that one. Flower loves collecting those figurines. Took me long to find them."

"Okay," he sighs. "Um, mom. Is it alright if Victor and Neil spend Christmas with us? And for them to stay for the night?"

"Sure it's alright," I said.

"Thanks," he smiles. A smile. I finally see one.

We spend the day wrapping presents. He would talk to me about school.

"How's the baby?" He asked.

"He or she or both is fine," I smile. "You know, I was planning on surprising your father on Christmas. But things happen, and well I told him earlier. He was pleased about it. Are you?"

"Yes," he smiles again. "I'll have a sibling. I won't be an only child."

"Yes," I smooth his hair down. He lay down, resting his head on my lap. I sighed and ran my hands through his hair. My poor baby boy. I leaned down and kissed his head. "Let's go outside. I haven't had a chance to meet your companion. I'm sure she needs some cuddling."

"Okay," he stood up and helped me up.

We went out to the backyard. I shifted first. Stretching and shaking my fur. It has been awhile.

'Ah this baby is a hazard, it kicks on purpose,' Sam complain.

'It's probably just moving around,' I said.

'Yeah maybe,' Sam sigh. 'Let's meet Ink.'

I look over at Lucky so slowly shifted. Wow, she was beautiful. A hybrid. Pure white, and sparkly. But not all white. His ears and tail were black. Still very beautiful. He lay down and whimper. I must be Ink.

I padded over and lay down curling myself around her. She buried her muzzle against my chest.

I laid my head on the back of her neck. She just needed comfort. Something she couldn't have. Lucky got comforted. But not her this is her time.

'Sam I leave this to you,' I said.

'Okay,' Sam took over.

I let Sam comfort her. I listen to them.

'Ink, you have to be strong," Sam said. 'I know it's difficult. But you need to be there for Lucky. You both lost Kyle and Ky. But it's time to move on. If you don't move on, Lucky won't either. Please, this isn't healthy.'

'I know,' Ink said. 'I miss them so much. We miss them. But you're right. I can't keep Lucky stuck in the past. I have to move on for his sake.'

'Indeed you do,' Sin walked over. 'We will help you.'

He lay down beside me and licked Lucky cheek.

'Ew!' Lucky said. 'Nasty, don't lick me. Only mom can.'

'Hush it boy, we are having a family moment,' that was Alan.

It was wonderful. Us cuddling out in the backyard. We are a family. And I can't wait until our second child is born.

I smile and nuzzle Alan. I love my family.

Whatever the future holds for us, we will face them together.
---------------------
The end is here. One more.

Don't hate me guys. It's not over yet. Lucky will eventually get over Kyle.

Comment
Vote
Follow

Saya