15: Kyle: The Past

It was strange; Lucky wasn't at school. And he wasn't answering the phone.

Also, Flower and Josh weren't at school either this was strange. It was making me worry.

During lunch, I found Cathy sitting with Jazz. Cathy looked like she's been crying. I walked over and sat down.

"Where's everyone at?" I asked.

Jazz looked at me with sorrow. Something happened.

"Um," Jazz sigh. "Please don't run off. But Lucky and Josh are in the hospital. Ryan attacked them."

"What?" I felt my anger build up.

"I'll tell you how it happened," Cathy said. "From what Flower told me. Josh went to see Lucky, to talk. And Ryan found them, huddle up. Ryan accused Lucky of cheating on you with Josh. But it's not true. You know Josh would never do that to you. They agree with Ryan. Ryan launched himself at Josh. Josh bumped into Lucky. And Lucky lost his balance and fell out the open window. Josh had beaten Ryan up, and jump out the window to catch Lucky. And now they both in the hospital." Cathy cried.

Jazz held her.

I knew Ryan would do something to hurt Lucky. I want to run out and see him. But I won't I'll wait.

"Are you going to the hospital after school?" I asked.

"Yes," Cathy sob. "I hope he isn't badly hurt. Even though Josh took most to the damage when they landed." I'll have to thank Josh. I hope they are both okay.

After school, we went to the hospital. We met up with Flower. She, I mean he, was dressed as a male. His hair was the same.

"Lucky just got out of surgery," Flower led us to a room. There Lucky laid as two females drew on his cast. Lucky was smiling. His smile brightens when he saw me.

"Hey, how you feeling?" I set the balloons and teddy bear. I had bought them on the way here.

"I'm fine," he sighed. "I'm more worry about Josh. He's been in surgery for hours now."

"How badly is he?" I asked.

"When we fell, he shields me from getting hurt," Lucky sniffle. "He landed on his back." He cried. I sat beside him and held him.

"They say his spine got dislocated and he has broken ribs," Flower said. "Even though he's a wolf, they don't know if he'll walk. Well, he'll walk. But it will take a while for him to heal."

"I see," I sigh. "Does Josh have any relatives?"

"A younger brother," Flower said. "But no parents. My father will be responsible for Josh and his younger brother. Since there from our pack."

"Okay," I kiss Lucky's head. "He's going to be alright."

Lucky nodded.

The week pass by fast since Josh was still in the hospital. We cancel our plans for Friday. Jazz understood. He would visit Josh every day.

Lucky got released from the hospital on Friday afternoon.

"There sweetie," his parents had moved him to a room on the bottom floor.

"Thanks, mom," Lucky smile. "What happened to Ryan?" Just the mention of his name set me on fire. But I understand why Lucky asks. His worry about Ryan.

"They took him to the juvenile facility," Sammy said. He looked sad.

I can understand, Ryan is their family. They don't want to hurt him or do anything that may cause him harm. All they want is to help Ryan.

"Oh," Lucky looked down. "I hope that helps him."

"Yes," Sammy smile. "He will finish his studies there. Naya is moving to be close to him. But he will visit us."

"Okay," Lucky yawn.

"I'll leave," I stood. "Rest love; I'll come back tomorrow to see you." I leaned down and kissed him. It was a bit embarrassing since his mother was here. I stepped back.

I left and headed home. But before I went back, I went to the woods. It's been a while since I let my wolf out. He was getting impatience.

The moments we where I was alone. I shifted.

'Finally!' Ky howl. 'I was getting sore and depressed. I thought you weren't going to let me out.'

'Sorry, I been busy,' I said.

'Busy smooching Lucky,' Ky said. 'You're hugging him all to yourself. When are you going to introduce him to me? I want to lavish him too.'

'You'll have to wait,' I said.

'Yeah, I know, our poor mate got hurt,' Ky said. 'Thought I'm glad that Run is gone.'

'Yes,' I sighed.

I still felt insecure.

Even though Ryan was gone there was still a threat around. From what I been hearing, the rogues are closing in. They have been trying to get in. The Alphas are planning on putting a temporary curfew. They don't want anyone wondering about at night. Like me. But I can take care of myself.

'Kyle there's someone nearby,' Ky said.

Taking over, I sniff around. The scent took me to a nearby river. Across from it. I saw a group of men. They seem fine to be talking. I listen in.

"When will we attack?"

"Why can't we attack now?"

"We will wait," a man wearing a nice suit stood out the most. "I will take our the packs. They will pay for killing my brother even though he was stupid. He was still my brother."

"Alan won't be giving in that easily, Gustin."

"Oh he will," Gustin said. "We will lure his mate and son. We will hold them hostage. He'll have no choice but to give in. I will take his life. I'll avenge my brother Dale."

I growled and ran back to Lucky's home. I have to warn Alan. This rogue knows him. Once I was near the town, I shifted back to human.

By the time I made it back, Alan was home.

"Boy, you look like you were running from the devil," Alan was sitting, eating. Sammy sat next to him.

"I hate to ruin your night," I said sitting down. "But I was out in the woods. And I saw a group of rogues on the other side of the river. The leader Gustin. He knows you, and his furious. He said something about you killing his brother Dale. And his planning on kidnapping Sammy and Lucky to ask you surrender."

I took a deep breath. Sammy handed me a glass of juice. I drank it down.

"I didn't know Dale had a brother, and I didn't kill him, Naya did," Alan frowned. "Like hell will I let them take what I treasure most."

"Well I won't let anyone hurt Lucky," I sigh. "I couldn't protect Lucky from Ryan. But I will this time."

"Sammy, call Donny, tell him to come here and also call my sister May and her husband," Alan said. "It's time for a family gathering."

The look on his face, mean he's ready to kill to shed blood.

And I wanted in.
--------------
The past has come to haunt Sammy and Alan. And it seems they are after their son Lucky.

Let's hope nothing happen and that no one dies but the enemy.

Comment
Vote
Follow

Saya