7: Lucky: Ryan's Confusion

We must've had fallen asleep. Because when I woke up, it was morning.

"Ah dang it," Kyle stood up. "My uncle is going to kill me."

"Oh sorry," I yawn.

"Not your fault," he kisses my cheek. "I got to go. I'll see you later at school."

"Okay," I smile.

After he left, I went to the bathroom and did my daily routine. After that, I went downstairs.

"Lucky," my uncle Cole and Donny were still there. "Good morning."

"Morning," I smile. "Where's mom and dad?"

"They went out with Naya," Cole said. "They took her to the hospital."

"Oh, is she going to be okay?" I asked.

"Yes, she will be alright," my uncle said. "Don't worry much."

"Okay," I smile and ate breakfast.

"It's still early," Cole said. "By the way that boy that ran out."

"We fell asleep," I said.

"I see," Donny giggle. "Cute. It's so romantic that you were sleeping together. I mean just sleeping, no sex. Right?"

"Auntie!" I blushed. "Of course not. None of that. I'm too young for that."

"I was just saying," Donny smile. "No sex, okay. Wait until you are much older. Like in your 30."

"Donny that's like way too old," Cole said. "When you're ready."

I felt awkward now. My parents were talking to me about that. My father doesn't even get near that topic. He ignores it. It was my mother who told me about it.

"Good morning," Ryan walked over. He looked exhausted. "Is mom at the hospital?"

"Yes," Cole said. "You go on to school. We'll keep you updated."

"So you won't tell me why she had that anxiety attack?" Ryan asked.

"No, now no more questions," Cole said.

I wonder why Naya had that anxiety attack. Did she see or hear something she wasn't supposed to know?

When it was time to go. Cole gave me money, just in case. I walked to school with Ryan. It was awkward. We never walk together.

"Your mom is going to be okay," I said.

"I know," he sighs. "I just hope my mom doesn't stay long at the hospital."

"She'll be home sooner than you think," I smile.

And then, the unexpected. Ryan held my hand. I didn't mind. Just an innocent thing. Right now he was going through a lot. And he needs us. So holding hands with my cousin wasn't bad.

But when we got to school, he wouldn't let go until Flower and Cathy showed up. He let go and walked away.

"What's wrong with him?" Flower asked.

"He's having a bad day," I said.

"Oh yeah, his mother," Flower sigh. "Poor thing. I hope all goes well."

"Yeah," I nod.

A few seconds later Kyle joined us.

"Hey," he kissed me.

"Did you get in trouble?" I asked.

"Nah," he smiles. "Kinda, but it'll be alright. Once I told him o was at the Alpha home he let me off. He said it was fine."