20: Kyle: On Alert, Kyle's Parents

Great.

Monday morning. And we are on alert. We are under attack. Not yet, but we have a curfew now. And we can't be out alone. All children must be under supervision.

"Ah, I can't believe this?" Flower sigh. "I am not a child to be watched."

"Too bad, 17 and under we are to be supervised," Cathy said. "I for once am enjoying it."

"Ah you party pooper," Flower pouted.

"I feel lonely and empty without Josh," Jazz sigh.

"Jazz, stop it, you been like this since Saturday," I groaned. "It's starting to get depressing."

"It's not his fault," Flower said. "This all Josh fault. For running away like that."

"He must have his reason's," Cathy said. "On to important things."

"Cathy, you been more talkative and more annoying," Flower said. "Turn it down a notch."

I just watched them argue about this new curfew. It's funny.

When the last bell rang, I headed home with Jazz. Lucky was picked up by his father

"Do you think, Josh will ever come back?" Jazz asked me.

"I don't know," I sigh. "When Josh is ready he'll come back." I felt terrible for him. He didn't deserve this unhappiness.

"Okay," I wrap my arm around his shoulder.

"Lighten up," I smile. "Maybe you'll find someone else. Don't dwell on one single guy. Go out there and have fun. There this saying my mother always used to tell me." I feel like my mother giving Jazz advice. "So it goes like this; 'If you love something, let it go free. If it does not return, it was never yours. If it does return, love it and cherish it. And never let it go.'"

"Wow very poetic," Jazz laugh. "Thanks."

"No problem," I smile. "Thought I never had to follow that advice. I always knew Lucky belonged to me."

"But what if, one day he walks away?" Jazz said. "Are you willing to let him go?"

"I was going to say no," I said. "But, if Josh does not wishes to be with me. I shall let him go. And if one day he comes backs than I'll know he always had belonged to me."

"Wow," Jazz smile. "Let's hope Lucky doesn't run away then."

I couldn't imagine a world without Lucky. Without him, I would be, lost. So I'm always determined to keep him by my side. But I do have to think about what he wants. I can't just force him to stay by my side.

But only time will tell. Whatever future awaits me, I'll gladly accept it.

When we arrived home, I found my mother. I wonder what's she's doing here.

"Mom?" I walked over and hugged her. She winced. I frowned. "Are you injured?"

"Yes, she is," my uncle said. "And I won't stand by and see you get hurt any longer. I don't understand why you left your husband, for a stupid human being. Who only hits you." I stepped back from her. My mother left dad.

"Mother why?" I frowned.

"Because your father isn't my mate," she said. "That man I met is. His my mate. And I want to be with him." My mother doesn't look too well. "But I'm pregnant now. And he doesn't like children. And I won't lose him over this child. So I decided to come here and give birth. And I'll leave the baby here with your uncle." She was smiling.

What happened to my sweet loving mother? It isn't like her. She loves kids. How could she say such things?

"Kyle, go upstairs, you too Jazz," for once my uncle looked sad. I didn't argue.

I went upstairs with Jazz. I sat on the edge of my bed and just stared at the floor.

"Kyle," Jazz knelt down in front of me. "It's going to be okay. I'm sure my father will snap some sense into her." My uncle is my mother older brother.

"No, it won't," I sigh. "I knew there was another reason why my father sends me here. He knew what my mother was up too. And he didn't want me to see it."

I stood up and pace around my room. Jazz sat on my bed looking at me.

Why has my family gone downhill? I don't understand. I'm so lost and confused.

"I'm calling Lucky," Jazz said.

"No," I glare. "I don't need anyone's pity."

"Shut it," Jazz said. "You need him. And I'm calling him, anyways. And you can't stop me." He ran out. I ran after him. But he locked me in. That little monster locked me in.

And this door is locked from the outside only. So I'm stuck here. I could sneak out through the window. But I would have to rip the screen protection.

I sat there on my bed waiting to be let out. It wasn't long before the door open. About an hour later. Lucky walked in and immediately jumped me.

"Jazz called me," Lucky held my face in his hands. "Are you okay? I'm here for you. I won't pity you. I want to be here for you. As you were there for me."

"I'm sorry," I sighed and held him. "I was not thinking. I felt lost. My family has fallen apart."

"I hope your mother changes her mine," Lucky said.

"I hope so too," I sniff his hair. "I know for sure my father loves her. But I never knew that they weren't soulmates."

"You think your father has a mate too?" He asked me.

"I don't know," I frowned. "Now that you mention it."

"Well you should ask him," he smiles.

"I will when I see him," I kept smelling his hair. "You smell good. Your smell always calms me down."

"Good," he rubbed his head against my face. I chuckled and ended up sneezing. "Oh sorry."

"It's fine," I smiled and kissed him just as someone came in.

"So this is the boy that's been keeping you out of trouble," it was my father. I sat up and hid Lucky behind me. "Do not hide him from me. I won't hurt him. Hi, I am Emilio Franklin." Lucky climbed out of bed and shook his hand.

"Nice to meet you, I'm Lucky," I hated this. I don't know why.

"Lucky, nice to meet you," my father let his hand go. "Thank you for watching over my son."

"It's no problem," Lucky smile.

"Kyle, I know all this is difficult," my father sigh. "But know that your mother isn't well. This human, who is her mate, has broken her. And for the well being of the child, she carries. She will be under house arrest. She won't be able to leave the house until the child is born."

"Is the child yours?" I asked.

"Yes," my father looked tired.

"What will happen to mom?" I asked. "After she gives birth?"

"I'll let her go," my father smile. "I knew this day would come. Fate is truly cruel. Perhaps one day I to will find my mate."

"Do I have to return home?" I hope not.

"No," he looked at Lucky. "I can see you are in good hands. But I would like for you to visit me."

"Will do," I smile.

Talking to my father was great. To know that he cares about me makes me happy, even though I been restless. Starting now, I'll be okay. For his sake and Lucky's sake.

Lucky has changed me.
------------------------
I hope you like. Be ready for the worst part.

Comment
Vote
Follow

Saya