16: Alan: Gustin? Danger?

"Hey," I ruffle Donny's hair. He hated when I do that.

"Quit it," he smacked my hand. "How's Lucky?"

"He's fine," I sigh.

"So why the family reunion?" Cole asked.

"Donny, did your father had a brother?" I asked.

"No," Donny frowned. "Not that I knew off. Why?"

"Because a man name Gustin, claims to be his older brother," I said. "And he wants to take me down. He wants to kidnapped Lucky and Sammy, to use them against me."

"Gustin?" Dyson walked in with May. May carried baby Rizal. There first child. "Oh no."

"What?" I frowned. "You know him?"

"Yes," Dyson sigh. "His Dale older brother. He left the pack when Dale became Alpha. His was ruthless as Dale. I guess he found out about Dale. And now he's planning to kill you."

"But it wasn't Alan who killed Dale," Sammy said. "Naya did."

"Let Gustin think I did it," I cross my arms. "I don't want Naya involved. She already had enough problems."

"Okay," Sammy smile. "So what will we do?"

"Curfew," Luis came in, with Perla. "Everyone needs to be at home by 9."

"Alright," I sat down. "We'll be patrolling around the borders. We can't risk anyone getting in."

"Good because some of my pack females are in heat and some are pregnant," Cesar arrived. Samantha followed behind. And she was huge.

"Damn," I grin. "I can tell."

"Mom, dad," Sammy hugged them.

"Where's Lucky?" Samantha asked.

"Asleep," Sammy smile.

"And the other boy, Josh?" I'm surprised they worry about Josh.

"He's fine," I said. "He's still at the hospital still going under surgeries. But he will be fine."

"The poor thing, I'll thank him for saving my grandson," Samantha smiled. "Oh, and I would love to meet the boy that has capture Lucky's heart."

"He's not here at the moment," Sammy said. "He'll come later to see Sammy."

"Okay," Samantha sat down.

"Back to the topic," Cesar sat down, pulling Samantha down on his lap. "How did you get this new information?"

"Kyle heard them talking," I said. "His Lucky boyfriend. He was out for a walk, and he saw them across the river. That's how close they are to us."

"Damn, even in the woods we aren't safe," Cole sigh. "See I told you to put some fence. Or cameras."

"Well it's a little too late for that," I said. "Let's do what we need to do then will confront the Gustin and his men. I don't want another fight."

"By the way, I got a letter from a lawyer," Luis said. "A human lawyer, all the way from New York."

"What did it say?" It's rare when outsiders contact us. The few humans we have around here, they know about us. We protect them, in exchange, they keep our secret.

"It said, he will be here next week, on Wednesday," Luis said. "To talk about Josh and his brother Wulf. And I have a bad feeling about this. For a human to talk to me about them, it gives me bad vibes."

"Call me when this lawyer arrives," I said. "Since the accident happens in my home. I want to be there to explain. Just In case he asked because it's bizarre that a human would know Josh. I wonder if he knows about us."

"Well whatever the reason is, I'll call you immediately," Luis said.

Great another problem. I wonder what else could go wrong.

Why did I have to jinx it?

"What?!" I couldn't believe this. "Cesar I don't know how to deliver a baby."

"Well I'm far, so please do this," Cesar said. "Tell Samantha I'll be there as soon as I can."

"Fine," I hung up.

Samantha had stayed the night while Cesar went out to patrol. And this morning at 4. Samantha let out a loud yell. It turns out she was in labor. The baby was coming. And I don't know how to deliver one. Especially not alone.

Sammy had taken Lucky to the hospital for an appointment.

Who makes an appointment this early in the morning? Oh, right, Sammy does.

"Okay Samantha, you'll have to help me here," I knelt down and looked. "So what do I do?"

"I'll push, and you'll check if the baby is coming," Samantha said through her breathing.

I nod.

It will be a new experience for me.

"How come you can't just shift and let your feline give birth?" I asked.

"Because she gave birth last time to my Sammy," she screams.

"Oh," I didn't ask anything else.

By the time Cesar got here. The baby had come out. Cesar cut the cord. I handed the baby over to Samantha.

"A boy," Samantha said. "Hey there baby, welcome to our world."

"Congratulations," I said. "Now if you'll excuse me. I have to get clean. I have all this junk on me."

"Thank you," Cesar said.

"You're welcome," I walked out and headed straight to the bathroom.

Having some happiness is good.

'Stupid rogues,' Sin growl. 'How dare they threaten our mate and child. Once we find them, I'll castrate them.'

'Sin, don't be so dramatic,' I said. 'Besides we won't let them hurt them. Over my dead body will I let them near us.'

'Wells helps hope you don't die before I get a taste of blood,' Sin said.

'Sin, get some sleep.'

'Don't you dare-.'

I blocked him out for a while. He can be annoying. I can't blame him. His worry about our family, as I am.

After I showered, I dressed and went out. I needed to gather my thoughts. And I was hungry.

"Hey!" I looked over and saw Dyson. "I forgot to mention something about Gustin."

"What?" I frowned.

"Gustin, can't shift," Dyson said. "He's more human than wolf. It's why Dale got the position as Alpha because Gustin couldn't shift. I don't know if he can now. But it's something to consider."

"Thanks," I sigh. "It's good to know that."

"Oh and, his very tricky," Dyson said. "Whatever you do, don't make a deal with him. He never owns up to it."

"How is it that you know all this?" I asked. Dyson looked down.

"He's my father," Dyson groaned. "I know, I'm the son of the most horrible father. He abandoned mom and me. And later on, we met again. Ask me to keep him updated on Dale."

"I thought Dale was your father?" I frowned.

"Nah, he just raised me," he sighs. "No one knows. Not even Donny. So please don't tell anyone. Not yet."

"Don't worry, I won't," I said. "But has your father contacted you?"

"No," Dyson smile. "Lost contact with him. I guess he barely found out about Dale. I have May, and I won't risk her life."

"Better not," I ran a hand through my hair.

A storm is heading our way. I can feel it. Let's hope; I come out winning.
-------------------
Hope you like.

If by any chance you see Cassandra, please tell me so I can fix it. It's supposed to be Samantha.

Comment
Vote
Follow

Saya