21- Ring

[Saw this on Instagram a while ago. Credit the the people shown in the picture for this idea.]

Third Person's P.O.V.

Dean and Castiel sat on the hood on the car. They looked up at the start speckled night sky.

"I'm gonna hit the hay." Dean said and pulled himself off the Impala. He started to walk away when his angel stopped him.

"Wait.." Castiel calls. Dean stopped walking and turned to face Castiel.

"Yeah, Cas?"

"I want to have a last name.."

"Really? Why?" Dean asked, walking up the angel. Castiel just shrugs slightly. Dean doesn't really question it, he's a weird little dude.

"Um, okay.." Dean said, "What do you want your last name to be?"

"Winchester."

Dean took a second to process what he said. Was...was he proposing?

That question quickly flew away with the cold breeze when Castiel took out a silver band.

Dean inched his way to the angel, a big smile appeared on his face.

"Dean.." Castiel said holding the ring out, "Will you marry me?"

"Hell yes." Dean pulled Castiel into a passionate kiss.

Once they pull away, Castiel slides the band on Dean's left ring finger. Then he takes another one out of his pocket and hands it to his hunter. Dean took it and slid the band on his ring finger.

Castiel smiled widely said he'll wear it forever. Dean smiled at his angel and said he's never going to take it off.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Sam and Dean walk downstairs into the bunker. They've just came back a hunt. It was a few vampires.

Castiel emerges from the hallway to greet the two hunters walking down to the library.

"Hello, Dean, Sam." Castiel nods at them, "How was the hunt?"

Sam just nods at Castiel and leaves the couple alone.

"Hiya, Angel." Dean says and presses his lips against Castiel's for a moment.

"The hunt went alright. Just a few vampires." Dean walks over to a nearby chair and slips off his green jacket. He hangs it over the chair.

When he does, Castiel notices he doesn't have his ring on. Castiel walks stomps over to him and grabs a fistful of Dean's shirt.

"You're a liar, Dean!" Castiel yells. Dean stares at him in confusion.

"You said you'd never take it off!"

Dean looks at him, confused before he realizes what his angel was talking about. He can see Castiel's eyes filling with tears.

"Wait, Cas!" Dean says, "I have it!"

Dean grabs Castiel's wrist and moves his hand away from his shirt. He pulls down his shirt slightly and fishes for the necklace of his chest.

He holds out his silver band on her leather chain.

"I don't want to lose it during a hunt." Dean explains, "So I wear it as a necklace."

Castiel lets out a small, "Oh.." He looks down at the floor and apologizes.

"It's alright, Cas." Dean lets the ring sit on top of his T-Shirt. He lifts Castiel's head so he's looking at him.

"Really?" Castiel asks. Dean smiles, looking into Castiel's incredible blue eyes.

"Yeah, I would've been pretty upset if you weren't wearing yours." Dean says. Castiel smiles up at his hunter.

"I love you." Castiel says and presses his lips against his righteous man's as he wraps his arms around him.

"And I love you." Dean whispers once they pull away from their kiss.