34- Cemetery AU

[I think I saw this prompt somewhere on Tumblr.
I didn't really know how to end this.]

Castiel's P.O.V.

   I kneel down and place the flowers on his grave. He's been gone for a while now. I've had enough time to cope. I still miss him at times, though.

   He went missing for a few days, the police found his dead body on the side of the road. I try to visit him a few times a week.

   When I do, there's always another person here. A man with light brown hair, jeans, boots, and leather jacket. I never really see his face, because I leave first most of the time. The times he's left first, I always look up too late.

   He looks like he's dealing with the death pretty well. From what I see, at least.

   I look back at my brother's grave and stand up.

   A phone ringing makes me look up again. I see the man take his phone out and walk away. He doesn't look this way.

   I stay at my brother's grave. His name was Gabriel. He was known as "The Trickster", because of how much he pranked people. He was humorous, but also could be an assbutt at times. He was still the best brother I had.

   I leave after a few minutes of saying things to his grave.

                               ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

   Today is like any other day. I wake up, take a shower, get dressed, have breakfast. Write some the book I'm currently working on.

   I mostly write science fiction and lore based things.

   Then, when I'm all out of ideas and glad with what I've written so far, I decide to visit my brother's grave. I don't have any meet ups or things I need to do today.

   Of course, the man is there.

   But it seems like he's crying. He's looking down at the grave, shoulders are shaking. He's wipes his cheeks and eyes every once in a while.

   I can't stop myself from walking over. I place a hand on his shoulder gently.

   He jumps a little before turning to me. I see that his eyes could resemble emeralds. They're currently surrounded with tinged with pink, from crying. His cheeks have tears running down his face, he's giving me a confused look.

   I wrap my arms around his neck, embracing him. I whisper, "I thought you could use some comforting.." 

   With that, he wraps his arms around my waist and thanks me through his tears. When we pull back, his crying has subsided.

   I introduce myself as Castiel Novak. I tell him that when I come here, most of the time, he's here. That I couldn't stop myself from walking over and hugging him when I noticed him crying. He looked like he needed it.

   I tell him that it's my brother's grave back there. He nods and says that he's seen me there before, glancing at the back of the tombstone.

   He introduces himself as Dean Winchester. This grave is his mother's. I look at her grave, it reads, "Mary Winchester  1954 - 1983  In Loving Memory"

   I ask him if he wants to talk about whatever that's going on. He declines, saying that he doesn't want to talk about it, which I understand.

   I hesitantly ask him we can exchange phone numbers. He agrees to that and we take our phones out.

   We exchange phone numbers and I give him one last hug before walking back to Gabriel's grave.

   The next day, I get a call from Dean.