42- Insomnia AU

Third Person's P.O.V.

   Dean watches as his alarm clock changes to eight. He couldn't sleep at all through the night. He yawns and rubs his eyes lazily.

   Good thing it's a Saturday, he can stay in bed all day and try to get some rest. He doesn't have any work or has to study.

   He turns his back to the alarm and shuts his eyes again.

   He hears his dorm mate, Azazel, walk into their bathroom and turn on the shower.

   He and Azazel don't get along, but they aren't rude to each other. They just keep to themselves, only occasionally greeting one another.

   Dean hears a loud knock at the door. He sighs and forces himself out of his warm bed.

   He stumbles to the door and opens it.

   Charlie is standing there with a Star Wars shirt and jeans, smiling brightly.

           "Hey, Dean!" She beams.

   Dean groans and waddles back to his bed, leaving the door open so Charlie can let herself in.

           "Well nice to see you, too." Charlie mumbles as Dean throws himself back into his bed face first.

   She lets herself in, closing the door behind her. She goes to his dresser and begins taking his clothes out.

           "What are you doing?" Dean asks, voice muffled by the pillow.

           "Taking out clothes, so we can go out." Charlie answers.

           " 'M tired." Dean mumbles, shifting to lie down his side.

           "C'mon, it'll be fun!" She urges.

           "No."

   Charlie throws the flannel and jeans at his face and tells him to get dressed. Dean makes no move to do anything.

            "Don't make me dress you myself, you know I will."

   Dean groans once again and reluctantly sits up, clothes falling onto his lap, "Where are we going anyway?"

            "Don't worry your pretty little head about that." Charlie says, "Just get dressed."

                             ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

   After Charlie drags him out of the college, she drives down to a small diner for breakfast.

   Charlie orders him black coffee and some special (that's on Tuesdays and Saturdays) called a "pig in a poke", with a side of bacon.

   She orders a stack of pancakes for herself.

   They eat, Charlie doing most of the talking. Dean is too out of it to come up with something to say, but he listens to his best friend.

   After breakfast, he still feels like he can fall asleep anywhere, but due to a few cups of coffee, he isn't as exhausted.

   Charlie drives them to a mall near their college campus and hauls him along.

   They wander aimlessly, going to some stores with no intention of buying anything from them.

   They end up at a place called Build a Bear Workshop.

   Charlie leaves Dean to go make a bear for herself.

   He sighs, might as well make one too, he thinks.

   He finds himself with a dark brown bear, blue eyes, with a white dress shirt, black pants, and a black blazer.

   He picks out a blue tie and tucks it under the white collar. He then finds a tan trenchcoat that he's just drawn to.

   After he finishes building the bear, he finds Charlie and they pay for their bears.

                             ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

   Staring at his bear as Charlie drives back to their college, he realizes it looks like someone. A cute guy on his floor.

   He shakes his head slightly and tells himself it's just a coincidence.

                              ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

    Once Dean enters the dorm room, he throws himself on his bed. He doesn's t bother to change, just kicks off his shoes.

   With the sheets over him and the bear fitting snuggly in his arms, he sleeps peacefully.

                              ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

    Dean gets up to go to the vending machine after a few hours of sleep.

    Turning a corner, someone else going the opposite way, turns at the same time.

   Dean raises his hands out in front of himself quickly, to not completely collide against who's in front of him. That's when he realizes he has his bear in his hand.

   Dean blushes, once he sees that he bumped into the cute boy, Castiel. The one who Dean's bear looks like.

   Who just happens to be holding a light brown bear, that looks like Dean.