72 - How Is Life?

[A/N: Oof, I haven't been here since May of 2018 and it's February of 2019. I'm very sorry for the big unannounced break.
I had quit writing for a while because I felt as if my writing wasn't good enough. I'm back though! I missed writing, A LOT, so I'm going to try to keep writing no matter how it turns out.
Here's a very little one shot that I literally just finished. It's 12:25 AM, so it may not make a lot of sense lol. I'm just trying to ease myself back in to writing stories.]
•  •   •   •   •    •

     How is it that life can vary day to day? Emotions can change in a mere second. Depending on those emotions life can be amazing or life can be terrible. Though, your life isn't just that one day that made you feel an immense emotion. No, life is accumulated by every day you've lived. 

     One day shouldn't define your life. One day shouldn't make you feel so different. One day shouldn't make you feel as if all the bad will be undone. One day shouldn't be enough to change everything. One day shouldn't be so comforting. Right?

     So why does Dean feel like this? This strange feeling at the bottom of his heart. It's a hundred-pound weight attached to his chest. Why does he feel as if his life has turned around?

     How is it that one person, whether you know them or not can turn your whole day around? Whether that change is good or bad depends on who it is. Even so, any word they say can make you feel as if they've changed your life. 

     A few sentences shouldn't make you feel so different. A few sentences shouldn't make you change your view on your life. A few sentences shouldn't be able to lift or add weight onto your heart. A few sentences shouldn't mean so much. 

     A few words can do so much, but why? Why does this person have to make you feel this way? Why do those words so softly spoken seem so simple yet complicated and compelling? Why do these words make you want you to keep listening? 

     Why does this person make you feel like this? Actions should be able to change your life, not words. Yet that person manages to slip between the cracks in your heart and live inside. They feed you words and you eat them all up. 

     Maybe those words spoken to him are why Dean feels this strange. Those words make him feel a different way. He feels so different that he can't come up with what to say. He's in a maze of thoughts and can't seem to find the right way out. 

     Castiel stood in front of him, having just fought. It was not a fight against Dean, but an internal fight with himself. His thoughts were a cluster of starts that had to be let out. 

          "Dean..." Castiel whispers, "I'm sorry if what I said was too much, but I mean all of it. I needed to tell you. If I would have held my thoughts for a longer time, I don't know what-" 

          "Cas," Dean's voice cracks. Dean clears his throat and swallows the lump in his throat. Ignoring the sting around his eyes, he takes a deep breath. 

          "Yes, Dean?" 

          "Tell me again.." 

          "I need you, Dean." 

     Why does Castiel make him feel this way? How did he manage to get into his heart? How does Castiel manage to get his cold heart so warm? 

     Those three different words meant so much in between them. 

           "As I said before, you have changed my life. My life may not be the best, but with you here with me, it's bearable. I will do everything possible to keep you safe, Dean." 

     Castiel may have not repeated everything word for word, but to Dean, it felt as if he was hearing his thoughts for the first time all over again. Those few words lifted the weights in Dean's heart. The heaviness that was denial was now gone. 

     Those words and that one person should have not made him feel so different, but they did and now he feels as he can fly with the stars Castiel compared him to.