50 - It's Not Cas

[I haven't written anything in sooo long, here's my 50th one shot!! Thank you all for doing what you do!
  This was suggested by Fandom_Hopper, I really hope you all like it!]

• •

                          Third Person's P.O.V.

    Castiel and Sam have noticed how their fellow hunter has been acting lately. How he's been smiling more, humming happily to himself, been drinking less beer, he's also been taking hunts by himself.

    One morning, Dean is whistling as he cooks pancakes and eggs for Sam and himself. Castiel and Sam are seated at the table and exchange a look, both confused.

    Dean can't be anything but himself, or Castiel would know it isn't actually Dean.

    Sam sighs, finally giving up, "Dean, what is it?"

    Dean's whistling falters and keeps his lips puckered for a moment before answering. He keeps most of his attention on the food so it won't burn.

        "What're talking about?"

        "Well, you're," Sam pauses to look for the right word, "happy? I guess that's the right word, and it's not a bad thing, we're just both curious as to what's going on that's making you like this."

    Dean shrugs, "I have no idea what you're talking about."

         "Yes you do, you just don't want to tell us," Sam says.

    Dean walks up to the table with a plate of scrambled eggs and pancakes. He places it in front of Sam and says, "Shut up and eat."

                             ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

    A few days later, Sam, Dean, and Castiel pack for a new hunt. There's been a few mysterious deaths a few towns away from the bunker.

    Sam sees Dean's phone, that's on the table next to him, light up with the name "Cameron." No picture though.

    Sam lifts the phone up and asks, "Who's Cameron?"

    Dean, who was packing holy water in a duffle bag, looks up at Sam, "A friend."

    He walks up to Sam and takes the phone from his hand. By now the call was missed, so he just puts the phone in his back pocket.

       "Is he a hunter?" Sam asks.

       "No, but he knows about some things that go bump in the night," Dean replies after a sigh. He walks back to the duffle bag, zips it shut and slips the straps over his right shoulder.

        "Why haven't I heard of him until now?" Sam asks curiously.

   Dean just replies, "Stop wasting time, the thing isn't gonna kill itself. Let's go."

                               ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

   The victim, Sarah, was killed in her apartment on Sunday afternoon when she was alone. She was found stabbed to death and hung upside-down.

   No one saw anyone come in or out before or after the death. There's no sign of a break it, no stench of sulfur, and nothing on the EMF.

   Cameras inside the building were cut off on the day of the murder, so they can't confirm if something went to her apartment.

    Dean and Castiel question some people on the same floor as her. Sam tries to work with cameras that surround the apartments.

    Dean and Castiel find out that someone from the building did see Sarah after the time of death. Appearantly, the tenant wasn't informed of the death and could've sworn that he saw her that night.