73 - Wonder

[A/N: This is only 347 words according to my note app. Minimal Destiel, sorry. I just felt like writing something quick and simple before I go to sleep.] 

• • • • • •

          Sometimes, Dean wonders about many things. If he had lasted longer in Hell, long enough for Castiel to bring him back to life without a seal being broken, where would they be? Would have Castiel found his humanity? 

          Occasionally, Dean wonders about Castiel. If Castiel, or any other angel, had gotten to him first before becoming a torturer, would they have stuck around? Would they have had enough time to save seals and maybe even save Sam from that black-eyed bitch? 

          Would have Castiel still lost his wings? Would they have been close as they are now? Close enough to share the same bed as they do now? To exchange caresses and kisses. Would they still have fallen in love? If they did, would have either of them confessed? 

          They say their whole lives were planned, but they've driven off the road more than a hundred times before. How much would have it changed if they kept driving the paths they never took? 

          Dean wonders about a lot of things and worries about even more. Though he can't say that his life is the best, in fact, he can say that his life is one of the worst ones, he still wouldn't trade it. He wouldn't trade a life full of pain and frustration for easy happiness. He's learned a lot through suffering and he's even saved the world through it. 

         Dean wonders about his hallucination when that Djinn had captured him. How would that life have gone without monsters? Without his dad? Without his relationship with Sam, but with his relationship with their mom instead. It's strange to think about that life that wasn't his... yet he wanted so badly to stay.

          His heart was as confused as his brain. More often than not, it still is. 

          Dean wonders a lot. He wanders in his own thoughts, getting lost in a made up movie. 

          Yes, his life may not be all sunshine and rainbows, but he's got a great brother and a great best friend. He wouldn't trade anything for the journey that got him here.