38- Raising The Younger Winchester AU

Third Person's P.O.V.

   He pleaded his parents to stay with him, to not go.

   Their death, as much as they probably deserved it, it haunts him. They were ran over by a truck when they stupidly ran in the middle on the road.

   They were high, wanted to go out to some club. Dean told them not to go, tried to block the door, and hide their keys.

   All that got him was bruises, dead parents, and a kid brother that he would have to raise on his own.

   Dean was about 22 when their parents died. He was going through college and couldn't live on his own just yet. That, and someone had to take care of Sammy at night.

   Mary and John Winchester left Sam all alone, at only two years old, to go out. They were reckless and in no shape to be parents. Luckily, Dean got there before something bad happened to little Sammy. That wasn't the only time Sam could've died either.

   Dean tried and tried to get them to stop it all. It never happened, though. Not until they stopped breathing.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

   Now Dean is 27. Out of college, working in a big company called Wayward Enterprise, sometimes works as a mechanic.

   Sam is 7 years old, going to first grade at Truman Elementary.

   He and Sam live in a 3 bedroom house. Dean's room is right across from his little brother's, in case something happens to him. He sometimes hears Sam cry, so he gets up, and go comforts him.

   Tonight, the role is reversed.

   Sam jolts awake when he hears a scream. He hugs his squirrel and moose plush toys and slips out of bed. He waddles through the soft brown carpet.

   He hears cries from Dean's room, so he reaches up to turn the door knob. He pushes the door open and sees his big brother, tossing and turning.

   Sam frowns and walks up to Dean. Dean's arm flops out to hang on the side of the bed. Sam grabs his hand and shakes his arm slightly.

          "Dean!" He exclaims.

   Dean's eyelids snap open and breathes heavily. He quickly sits up and wipes the tears streaming out of his eyes.

          "Dean.." Sam says, making Dean look at him. Sam holds up his stuffed moose, offering it to Dean.

   Dean pulls off a fake smiles. Instead of taking the moose, he picks Sam up and lets him sit on his lap. He looks over on his nightstand. His clock reads 3:09AM.

          "Did I wake you up, bud?" Dean asks after clearing his throat.

   Sam nods slowly, "Did you dream about the two monsters that almost killed the prince again?"

          "I'm sorry I woke you up." Dean says, ignoring his question. "How about I get you tucked back in so you can sleep?"

          "No, I wanna stay here with you, dad." Sam says quietly.

          "It's Dean, Sammy." He corrects gently, running a hand through his little brothers hair. "Lie down and sleep. Your teacher wouldn't want you to be tired, right?"

          "No.." Sam gets under the sheets next to Dean and hugs his two stuffed animals.

   Dean lies back down and sighs.