48 - Thinking About The Past AU

[Summary: Castiel thinking about the past while lying with the love of his life.

Word count: 742]
● ●

Third Person's P.O.V.

   Castiel lies down on their bed with the love of his life sleeping besides him. With legs intertwined and arms wrapped around each other, he cannot be any more content.

   Castiel (as weird or creepy as it might sound) watches Dean (his lover) sleep. His beautiful freckled face, free of worry lines.

   Dean works hard to make everyone but himself happy.

   That was until he met his angel. Castiel has stuck by Dean's side since they met, helping him in times of need.

   They were introduced by a mutual friend, Jessica. Dean had been stuffing his face with Pecan pie when Jessica walked up to him with Castiel.

   It was embarrassing for Dean, but Castiel found his pie eating endearing.

   They didn't talk much at first, since Jessica was doing most of the talking. She was getting married to Dean's younger brother, Sam.

    At the wedding, Dean and Castiel didn't spend much time together. They were pulled into different directions by family and friends. They did dance together though, a few slow songs.

   After the wedding, they'd spend all their free time with one another. They would take their lunch break at the same time to eat together, they'd spend nights at the other's place, or just talk on the phone for hours.

   Dean was the one that asked Castiel out one night as they walked to Castiel's job. He was nervous and afraid that he would be rejected, but managed to keep his voice steady and some what confident.

    Castiel agreed to having dinner and had a smile on his face all day.

   Dinner was a success, it was just like hanging out. The only difference was that Dean payed for everything, with the promise that he would let Castiel pay for their next date.

   Having a second date was no question to them, they loved being together and longed to be in a romantic relationship.

   It wasn't until their third date that they kissed. They watched movies and ate Chinese food at Dean's house.

   Dean walked Castiel out and just before his date turned away, Dean grabbed his hand and leaned forward. Castiel rested a hand on Dean's hip, the other was left holding Dean's hand. Their kiss was chaste and lasted until they couldn't breathe.

   Both men couldn't contain their happiness as they said "Goodnight.".

   They'd go on a date about three or four times a month. They went out for about two months before they made it official.

    At around five months into their relationship, they were intimate for the first time.

    They were at Dean's house again. The television was on, but neither of them were paying attention to it.

   Their attention was on each other, they were lazily kissing on the couch while lying down (Castiel on top of Dean).

    Castiel left Dean's lips to kiss his jaw and neck. Dean's hands were on his boyfriend's hips, trusting him to be in control.

    They eventually made it to Dean's bedroom, taking off articles off clothing along the way.

    Then, it was Castiel trusting Dean.

    They explored each other's body and were gentle with one another. Heat built around them, breathing becoming panting, whispers and moans filled the room.

    It wasn't just sex, it was so much more. It wasn't just a one night stand that Dean was used to. It wasn't rough or desperate.

    That was making love. Gentle. There was no rush, for they had all night and neither had to work the next day. When they reached their orgasm, it was together as they chanted each other's name.

    For their two year anniversary, they went to a nice restaurant where they dressed up. They ate their meal, chatting as they did.

    Then after dessert, Dean got down on one knee, a small black box in his hand.

    Castiel didn't expect the speech that came with it, since Dean isn't very good with putting feelings into words.

    Castiel immediately said yes once Dean opened the box, revealing a beautiful ring with angel wings engraved and a sapphire in between the wings.

    They couldn't be any more in love with each other. They trust each other with their life. They both believe they couldn't have found someone any more amazing.

             "What're you thinking about?" Dean's groggy voice snaps Castiel out of his thoughts.

    Castiel looks into Dean's emerald eyes and smiles.

              "About us, and how much I love you." Castiel tells his husband.

● ●

[I didn't proofread, so sorry for any mistakes.

  I've written 48 one shots so far!! Thank you guys for reading/voting/commenting!  💚💙💚💙

   What should I write for my 50th one shot?

Smut? Angst? Fluff? Ya'll can suggest things.]