51- Castiel's Wings

[ ChristinaBlaylock requested this prompt. I hope you all like it!]

•  •

Third Person's P.O.V.

  Dean backs up and bumps into a flock of feathers. He jumps slightly and turns to see the angel.

         "Sorry Cas," Dean apologizes quickly and walks back to the library table.

         "It-It's alright Dean," Castiel stutters, hating how he can't control his wings around Dean.

         "You alright?" Dean asks, he opens the book and starts looking through it. He places it on the table after a few pages and looks for another book.

         "Yes, I'm fine," Castiel replies.

         "No.. you're not," Dean murmurs and looks back at the angel. Castiel's cheeks are pink and he's avoiding looking at Dean.

          "Something's up," Dean continues, "But I have to go help Sam on a hunt, so we'll talk later."

   Castiel nods, "Do you need any assistance?"

   Dean shakes his head, "I don't think so, but I'll call if we need you."

   Dean packs the books into the duffle bag and slings a strap over his shoulder, "See ya later," Dean makes sure to not run into Castiel's wings again and makes his way up the stairs at a fast pace.

   Castiel's wings lower and settle neatly behind his back. Whenever Dean is around, his wings puff up and spread out, much like the first time they met. He has almost no control over his wings when Dean is around. His wings will start to shake when he tries to put them down when Dean is a around.

    Sam doesn't affect him at all. No, he's completely in control of everything, until Dean walks in and makes him a feathery mess.

    It's Dean, the one that always occupies his mind. The preferred Winchester. The one he gripped tight and raised from perdition. The Righteous Man. The one he so dearly wishes he could kiss, hold, touch, and just show the love he has for him in other ways. Not just healing him once in the while, or getting him food or beer.

    Castiel's face heats up, gets a strange feeling in his stomach, and gets nervous around Dean. Castiel just wants to walk up to Dean and tell him all this. He loves Dean very much and he wants to be able to tell him that. Well, he could just blurt it out one day, but he's scared of how Dean may react.

                              ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

           "Dude, you know the rules," Dean slaps his little brother's hand away from the radio.

    Sam rolls his eyes, "We're supposed to be talking about the case."

           "I can't hear you," Dean says, and turns up the music.

    Sam sighs and looks out the window. He called Dean to help him out with the case since he doesn't really know what's going on. Dean had one of his own, but he just had to salt and burn a possessed object. He probably should have called Cas instead, but Dean probably would've tagged along anyway. 

    They make it to the motel and take their place at a desk in the room.

             "So get this," Sam starts.

                              ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

    Castiel is cleaning up in the dungeon. They've recently had to interrogate a demon and it got quite messy. It was mostly Dean, he's dealing with after effects of The Mark after its removal. He had to get out his lust for blood somehow, and torturing has toned it down quite a bit. Dean's side effects have been subsiding these last few months. Chuck said there was nothing he could do about it and gave Castiel his wings back before he left again.