59- Making Cookies AU

Third Person's POV

   Castiel hums to the song “I Wouldn't Mind” by He Is We playing on Spotify. He folds the chocolate chips into the cookie dough. By the time the song ends, he's grabbing a tablespoon to put cookie dough on the sheet.

   The next songs “Nirvana” by Sam Smith and “I'm Yours” by Jason Mraz play.

   Castiel opens the preheated oven and slides the cookie sheet in. He gets his timer and sets it to 10 minutes. He fills another cookie sheet with the dough while the other one bakes.

   Castiel smiles when he hears boots making their way towards him.

      “Hey, Cas,” Dean says.

   Dean wraps his arms around Castiel's middle from behind and kisses the top of his head.

      “Hello, love.”

   Castiel leaves the spoon on the counter and wipes his hands. He leans against Dean and rests his head on his shoulder. Castiel covers Dean's hand with his own and looks at him.

      “I leave you alone for ten minutes and you start making cookies,” Dean teases.

      “First of all,” Castiel begins, “It was an hour. Secondly, I got bored. Finally, don't act like you don't like cookies. You love the way I make them.”

   Dean chuckles and places small kisses on Castiel's neck. Castiel turns in Dean's arms and wraps his own arms around Dean's neck.

      “I gotta admit, I do love your baking. You're gonna make me fat.”

      “You go to the gym most days, Dean. Plus I think I can find a way to help you burn some calories,” Castiel says suggestively.

      “Really?” Dean smirks, sliding his hands to Castiel’s back pockets.

   Castiel nods with a hum.

      “Then you've spent too much time with Gabe,” Dean says with a laugh, “Man, I swear I've unfortunately heard Gabe say that to someone.”

   Castiel shrugs and says, “He told me to say that to you one day. He said that it would “get me laid”.”

   Dean throws his head back as he laughs.

      “He has corrupted you.”

   Castiel laughs says, “Yes, but not nearly as much as you have.”

      “Debatable.”

   Castiel takes in Dean's beauty. Which he does whenever they're in each other's arms. His green eyes that could only be described as magical -besides green of course- surrounded by great lashes. There's also a smudge of grease by his left eyebrow.

   The tiny specks of brown scattered on his face, most of his freckles around his cute crooked nose and his pink cheeks. As if someone took a loaded paintbrush and sprayed paint on his face. He takes in his lips. The ones that place him in immediate comfort and safety whenever they come into contact with Castiel's. And the small scar on his chin, the small imperfection embedded in his skin.

      “You're staring,” Dean sings.

   Castiel's eyes snap up to meet his lover’s. Castiel's face gets hot, making his cheeks rosy. Dean winks and places a quick kiss on Castiel's lips. He lets Castiel and goes for the spoon with cookie dough on it.

      “Dean!” Castiel manages to snatch the spoon out of his hand.

      “But Caaaas,” Dean whines.

      "Dean, these have raw eggs in them, you can get salmonella!"

      "I've had it before, Cas, I'm fine!"

      “Salmonella??”

      “What? No, cookie dough.”

      "No, Dean."

   The timer goes off and Castiel's heart skips a beat when Dean's eyes light up. Dean races off to get the oven mitts. Dean takes the cookies out and puts them on the stove.

     "Wait for them too cool, Dean. You don't want to burn your mouth like last time."

      "Yeah, yeah." Dean rolls his eyes.

   Castiel smiles and places a kiss on his jaw.

      "I love you, Dean."

      "I love you, too, Sunshine."

   The song "The Way You Make Me Feel" by Micheal Jackson starts playing. Dean starts singing his version of the song to Castiel.

   ●  ●

[I got the image of the prompt from Pinterest.

   I thought you guys might need some fluff after 13x03. Heck, I DO!!!

   I decided to TRY and update every Friday until Cas gets back to the boys (maybe a few after that). Sound good?  They won't be 2,000 words like my other ones, but it will hopefully lift your spirits up a bit!

    We can call it Fluffy Friday!! ^_^

    Thank you guys for ALL the votes and comments it's amazing how many reads this book has!! 43.6K reads have me amazed!

      10/27/17]