Chapter 2-1

"No. Way. PACE is my roommate?!" Charlie gaped at the door, frozen in disbelief. Reluctantly, she reached for the doorknob, but Rib stopped her.

"Be careful," he warned. "That room is haunted."

"Yeah, by Pace," laughed Apollo, giving his twin a high five.

Now more nervous than ever, Charlie slowly opened the door and flipped on the light.

"Well, it looks normal enough," she sighed with relief as she surveyed the bedroom. "Guess I should make myself at home..."

Tossing her luggage aside, she noticed a phone on the desk near the bunk bed.

"Posey!" she thought, instantly dialing her number. 

"CHARLIE! I MISS YOU! I HAVEN'T TALKED TO YOU SINCE YOU GOT THERE THIS MORNING! HOW IS IT?!" Posey shouted through the receiver.

"It's okay. I just met my dormmates," Charlie told her. "The dorm's pretty nice and-"

"WAIT! YOU'RE ROOMING WITH BOYS? HOW LUCKY! THE ONLY ROOMMATE I GET IS MY BABY SISTER!" Posey was freaking out again.

"It's not that-" Charlie began, but a faint scratching sound met her ears. "What is that?" she looked around anxiously.

'That room is haunted', Rib's words flowed through her memory as the noise continued.

"Uh, Posey, hold on," she said, quickly jumping onto the bottom bunk in fear.

Scratch, scratch. Charlie pulled the blanket around her as she listened carefully. Scratch, scratch.

"What is it?" she wondered again. "It sounds like it's coming from behind the-  wait a minute."

Determined, Charlie marched out of her bedroom to the room next to hers and flung open the door.

"Oh, hey, Charlie!" chuckled Rib, who was caught red-handed, scratching the adjoining bedroom wall with a stick.

Charlie rolled her eyes and returned to her call.

"Sorry, Posey. Like I was saying, it's not that great having male roommates," she sighed into the phone. "But I should probably start unpacking before it gets too late. I'll talk to you later!"

~~~

By the time Charlie had finished putting all of her belongings away, she could only yawn. It was already dark out; at last the end of an extremely long day.

"Well, first day of classes is tomorrow," she told herself, climbing once again onto the bottom bunk. "I should get some sleep."

After all she had been through, it was no problem for Charlie to drift off, but soon another sound woke her back up- this time, a creaking.

'That room is haunted,' remembering Rib's warning was even more spooky in the dark.

Charlie peaked over her blanket as the door opened and a silhouetted figure entered the room.

"...Rib... Is that you...?" Charlie's shaking voice was barely audible.

The figure drew closer, closer, closer. Finally, passing under a streak of moonlight leaking in through the window, Charlie saw who was there.

"Oh, Pace, it's just you," she sighed. Even though Pace could be just as scary, she just was glad it wasn't a ghost.

However, instead of climbing up to his bunk, Pace continued to come nearer and nearer to Charlie, until his face was only inches from hers. 

"Uh, Pace???" Charlie inhaled. "What are you doing???"