Chapter 2-2

Pace stared down at Charlie, so close she could feel his breath on her cheek. Then, faster than her racing heart, he ripped the blanket off of the bed.

"This isn't yours," he said coldly.

"Hey!" Charlie called angrily, flailing desperately to hide her pajamas. "Give that back!" she begged, but Pace only climbed up to his bunk, taking Charlie's covers with him.

"Ugh," Charlie looked at her bed, which now left blanket-less, revealed the yellow stuffed duck she had been hugging. "Did he see that?" she wondered embarrassedly.

"Oh, and also," Pace's deep voice floated from above. "Nice duckie."

"Grrr," Charlie's face turned red as she sat there shivering without a blanket.

~~~

The next morning came all too quickly after a very chilly night. Charlie stretched and stepped out of bed. Pace was still sound asleep on the top bunk- under his OWN blanket! Charlie's was slung over the foot of his bed!

"Uh! He didn't even use that blanket! What a jerk!" Charlie frowned as she grabbed her new uniform and headed for the bathroom.

She knocked slightly on the door to find it was occupied.

"Oh, sorry, Apollo," Charlie apologized when a uniform-clad twin with his hair down opened the door.

"I'm not Apollo. I'm Demeter," he told her, pulling his hair back into his signature ponytail. "But don't worry, sweetie! There's an easy way to tell us apart! I'm the cute one!" he finished, before breezing past her towards the common room.

Charlie shook her head and entered the bathroom.

"I wonder what my uniform looks like," she thought excitedly as she unzipped it from it's bag. "Oh," her face fell as she beheld the jacket, pants and tie. "I have to wear the boys uniform."

She had just finished changing when there was a knock at the door. This time it actually was Apollo.

"Are you done?" he asked. "I need to shower," he added with a wink.

"I'm done, I'm done!!!!!" Charlie zoomed away from the twin as fast as she could.

~~~

The common room smelled of something deliciously fragrant. 

"Good morning, Charlie! Would you like some stuffed french toast?" Maxsim greeted her cheerfully, fully uniformed and offering out a plate of tasty looking breakfast.

"Or how about some cereal?" asked Rib, holding up a box of something called 'Scary-O's'. "It turns your milk blood red!" he grinned.

"That's okay..." Charlie passed, accepting the plate from Max and taking a bite. "Wow! This is amazing! Where did you learn to cook like this?" Charlie shouted with her mouth full.

"My grandmother taught me at the farmhouse of my family," explained Max with a smile. 

"I still like my cereal better," argued Rib as he dumped the entire box into his bowl. "It comes with a prize. You're missing out!"

"I'll be your prize, Charlie," came a voice and Charlie turned to see a freshly showered Apollo flipping his wet hair.

"Umm, so! Anyways!" said Charlie, already growing accustomed to overlooking the twins' inappropriate remarks. "Can you guys show me to first period?" she asked, displaying her schedule.

"Sorry, Charlie. Our classroom is in the other direction," said Rib, pointing with the little toy gun that had fallen out of his cereal box. As he pulled the trigger, a tiny flag popped out that said 'Eat More Cereal'. "But it looks like you have some classes with us later in the day though!" he added, reaching for the milk and proceeding to spill it onto his tie.

"You mean none of you are in my first class?" Charlie frowned worriedly.

"Well, no," said Demeter, glancing over her shoulder at the schedule. "Pace is."

"Good luck with that!" said Apollo.

As if on cue, Pace stepped out of the bedroom, fully dressed, but in street clothes rather than his uniform.

"Uhh... Hey, Pace..." Charlie started unsurely. "Can I walk to class with you? I don't know where it is..."

"Maybe..." said Pace. "If I was going to class," he smirked and left the dorm.

Quickly gathering her books and schedule, Charlie rushed after him.

"Is he crazy?!" she muttered as she dashed into the hall. "He's gonna get in trouble-" she continued, but her rant was stopped as she ran headlong into a tall figure, her books tumbling to the floor.

"Pace? In trouble?" said the stranger. "What's new?"