Chapter 8-5

"Charlie! It's almost time for our film! Come on!" Rib had rushed up, but stopped short when he caught sight of Printz.

"Catch you later, Charlize," Printz said as the other Athens boys joined them, looking just as confused as Rib.

"What were you doing talking to that guy?" Rib's disgusting missing eye was no comparison to the disgust on his face.

"And who does he think he is to come dressed as a prince?!" Demeter looked appalled.

"Yeah! We're the real princes!" Apollo crossed his arms.

"What is that?" Max turned to Charlie, noticing her newly added sash.

"Nothing!" Charlie quickly tore off Printz's sash and shoved it into a pocket on her dress.

"Whoa! What happened?" Demeter had spotted her punch stain.

"Yeah! We should get you out of that dress!" Apollo winked, but Charlie shot him an impatient, warning look.

"No! It looks sweet! Sorta like a blood stain!" Rib exclaimed delightedly. "Now come on! Our movie's about to start!"

Charlie sighed, trudging across the gym, but despite her dread for the film showing, part of her mind was still too preoccupied with the mystery prince.

However, once they had taken their seats in front of the giant screen which was now covering the far wall of the gymnasium, Charlie could only focus on her oncoming embarrassment.

"WOOP WOOP!" Rib cheered loudly as the film began to roll.

"Hey, this actually doesn't look too bad!" Charlie breathed relievedly as beautiful, haunting music began to play and the opening credits flashed by.

'Rib Cage Productions Presents'

"Pretty sweet company name, right?" Rib nudged Charlie excitedly.

'Yells From The Forest'

"Guh." Charlie nearly choked as she read the suspiciously familiar movie title and continued to watch in horror- and not the intended kind.

As the movie began, Charlie found that the opening credits were all that was impressive about their film. Between the dodgy script, the lack of actors, the outlandish costumes, and the poor editing job, the movie was something truly to be feared.

Charlie melted into her seat, half-covering her face as she watched her terrible scenes as the space-ghost-ballerina.

She cringed as she appeared onscreen again as the fanged-version of the bear.

"Rib, are we done yet?" Charlie's onscreen self had removed the mascot head and asked boredly.

The crowd laughed immensely at this and Charlie looked at her film-partner in mortification.

"Why didn't you edit that out???" she gasped, but just then, the scene transitioned to another shot, this time of Rib. He was holding out one of the specimens from the science lab, and giving a long monologue, but suddenly, the shouts of Mr. Campbell issued through the speakers, and the principal appeared onscreen, yelling at Rib for taking the gooey organ.

"Mr. Campbell! You're ruining my shot!" movie-Rib complained before being hauled away in trouble.

The crowd burst into laughter again, this time mixed with the expected booing from the Spartans.

"What is this?" Bradford yelled.

"Shut up! It's artistic!" Rib screamed back defensively as Charlie sunk even lower into her seat.

More embarrassed with every passing second, the only thing that made her scenes look less awful was the last scene of the film that Rib had shot without her- and that was because it was so bad, it made her part look better by comparison!

"Help me, DJ!" Rib had appeared onscreen once again, this time wearing a long, blonde wig and dress.

"I'm coming!" the camera had now cut to another clip of Rib as his other character, DJ, who was now coming to save the girl version of himself.

"I think you should have let Charlie play the damsel," Demeter told Rib when the movie finally ended.

"Why? I thought I was pretty convincing as DJ and Kendra!" Rib said proudly.

"Yeah, and I wonder where he got those character names from," Apollo chuckled lowly.

"What?" Rib looked innocently at the twin.

"Come on, man. DJ? JD?" Demeter nodded at Rib's 'Shouts From The Woods' costume.

"I didn't steal it!" promised Rib. "I have a great-great half-uncle named DJ! And he was-"

"Sure," laughed the twins.

"Fine! It doesn't matter! My movie was a success!" Rib crossed his arms.

"It was very nice," Max patted him on the back. "We should go. The party is ending."

"Yep!" grinned Rib. "And now it's time for my party!"

"Huh?" Charlie looked surprised.

"Yeah! Come on! There are presents calling my name!" Rib shouted, rushing out of the gym, the rest of the boys right behind him.

Charlie made to follow, but a voice made her spin around.

"Hey," Printz was gazing down at her. "Why didn't you tell me you were in the movie?"

"Heh... Well..." Charlie looked at her feet.

"I thought you did a great job," said Printz suddenly. "Although I would have liked to have seen you in that dress at the end."

"Thanks," Charlie stared at him in surprise.

Printz grinned charmingly, then frowned.

"What happened to the sash I gave you?" he asked.

"Oh, it's right here," Charlie pulled it from her pocket and held it out to him.

"Keep it," said Printz, giving Charlie another smile and wink before waltzing away.

Swooning slightly, Charlie stuffed the sash back into her pocket.

~~~

"Charlie! Finally! They were making me wait to open my presents until everyone was here!" Rib whined from the table where his pile of presents was stacked.

Charlie looked around. The entire Athens Dorm was sitting around the common room, all back in their regular clothes and looking at her expectantly- even Pace.

"Just a second! Let me change!" Charlie said, feeling extremely out of place in her costume and dashing for the bedroom.

"UGH! HURRY!" called Rib.

Charlie rushed to change back into her non-Halloween attire and quickly made for the closet to hang up her princess dress. However, closing the wardrobe door, she noticed the sash lying on the floor.

"Oops," she picked up the fallen sash and opened the closet once more. "Wouldn't want to lose this," she pulled her dress back out in order to hang the sash over its hanger- but before she could drape it over her gown, she spotted something completely shocking.

Printz's sash was still peeking out of the dress's pocket!

"If Printz's sash is still in my pocket..." Charlie stared in bewilderment. "Then..."

Charlie looked back into the closet and received the biggest surprise of her life. Next to the two track jerseys, the silky blue sleeve of a very familiar prince costume was dangling in sight. Dropping the sash and stumbling slightly, Charlie gasped.

"Then, the other prince was... Pace?"