Chapter 3-2

Charlie twisted her lip and squinted out the window of the door at the end of the hall. Pace's figure was already shrinking into the distance beyond.

"Come on, Charlize," Printz, who was still standing next to her, placed a hand gently on her back. "We don't want to be late."

"Oh, right," said Charlie, turning to look up at her chivalrous prince. Maybe it was just her imagination, but he seemed even more handsome up close.

"Let's go," he smiled, guiding her in the other direction down the hallway, his hand still on her back.

For a moment they walked in silence, Charlie too nervous to say anything, but when they came to a stop outside of their classrooms, Printz finally spoke.

"So, will I see you out on the fields again this afternoon?" he asked, eyes shining. "I've got to say, you're the cutest mascot we've ever had," he chuckled playfully.

Charlie shyly looked to her feet and shook her head.

"No, hopefully that was just a one time thing," she told him embarrassedly. "I'm joining a new extra curricular activity today."

"Oh! So that's what you were doing in the bear suit!" laughed Printz. "Everyone else always wears it when they're being punished, but I knew you couldn't have been in trouble," he winked.

Charlie blushed and looked back at her shoes.

"That's too bad, though," Printz went on. "I really like the idea of having you out there cheering for us. Maybe you'll come to a soccer match sometime?" he lifted Charlie's chin with his pointer finger until her eyes were aligned with his. "There's one this weekend and the captain would really like you to be there," Printz gazed at her earnestly, waiting for an answer.

"Umm, okay," Charlie couldn't think of anything more to say. Printz's sparkling eyes were so distracting!

"Perfect," he grinned, tapping her on the chin and waltzing away into his first class.

Charlie remained in the hall, frozen with both nerves and excitement.

"Captain Printz," she smiled giddily to herself as the bell rang. "Oops!" she jumped and hurried into Math.

~~~

It was certainly hard to find the value of x when all she could think about was the upcoming weekend. Printz had invited her to watch him play soccer... but was it a date?

Charlie's mind and sight wandered to the window. The sun was beaming among the puffy clouds and Charlie couldn't help but think that one of them was in the shape of a soccer ball.

"Concentrate, Charlie," she told herself, lowering her eyes from the sky, but when she did, another distraction caught her attention-

Pace was stalking into the trees once again.

~~~

"Charlie!!!" Apollo and Demeter patted the empty spot on the seat between them in the cafeteria.

"Hi, guys," smiled Charlie, taking her seat at the Athens lunch table amongst all of her dormmates except for Pace.

"Are you ready for Chefs Club later?" asked Max, unfolding his napkin across his legs.

"Uh-huh," Charlie answered mindlessly, glancing around the room.

"It's perfect you're joining the club," said Demeter. "Now we'll get twice as many cookies tonight. And I won't have to share with Apollo."

"Uh-huh," Charlie repeated again, still looking from table to table.

"Yeah! Finally Charlie can give us a little sugar!" Apollo teased.

Boy Oh Boys! (Season 1)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara