Chapter 10-4

"No way!" Charlie shook her head.

"Come on, Charlie!" pleaded Demeter. "For my birthday!"

"You're birthday's almost over," Charlie pointed out.

"Then for my birthday!" put in Apollo. "We've still got another whole 24 hours to celebrate!"

"Pleeease," the twins begged.

"We'll love you forever!" smiled Demeter.

"And you can have your picture of Posey back!" added Apollo.

"What? You took it again?" Charlie frowned.

"Pleeease," they pouted again.

"Fine," Charlie sighed at last. "But what exactly am I supposed to do once I get in?"

"Take pictures!" grinned Demeter, passing her a camera.

~~~

The following morning, Charlie trudged over the grounds with the twins, Max and Rib. When they passed through the first set of trees and reached the stadium, they continued across, heading towards another line of woodland on the opposite side.

"Okay, it's just through those trees," Demeter pointed ahead.

"Be careful," Max frowned nervously.

"Yeah, don't get caught!" Rib smirked.

"Don't worry!" said Demeter. "You're doing this for us and we're the princes! We can't get in trouble!"

"Yep!" Apollo nodded. "Now go on. And make sure you take extra pictures of my girl!"

"Which one is your girl?" Charlie asked. "Sugar or Star?"

"Whichever one I can get," grinned Apollo.

~~~

"How do I get myself into these situations," Charlie sighed as she crossed through the trees. "Wow!" she gasped when she had come out onto the other side in front of Juno Academy. "It's even bigger than Olympus! Now this is where I should be going!"

Charlie stepped unsurely towards the building, but was surprised to find that no one seemed to pay her any attention.

"Well, this is easy!" Charlie sighed as she entered the academy, but no sooner had she stepped inside, than a female teacher approached her.

"Hey!" the teacher looked at her sternly.

"Oh, no," Charlie panicked.

"Photography Club is meeting on the second floor today," she said, nodding towards her camera before briskly walking away.

"Whew!" Charlie breathed and continued to make her way down the hall and into the wing of dormitories.

However, halfway along the corridor, a door swung open, and a group of girls stepped out.

"I wish our dance was intermixed!" a blonde girl was saying.

Charlie gasped. It was Bradford's girlfriend- and right beside her was the tiny little girl who was dating Madsen. Frantic, Charlie ducked into an open doorway down the hall and continued to listen.

"Yeah, then we could bring our boyfriends," the teeny girl told the group. "I'd really love to dance with Maddie."

"How do you even reach him, Izz," laughed the blonde.

"Hey, shut up! At least Maddie's hair doesn't look like it's on fire!" Izz retorted. "Bradford seriously needs to get to a salon!"

"Whatever," the blonde stuck out her tongue. "It looks like fire because Brad's hot." She then turned to a third girl with black-hair and smirked. "We all know who Delilah wants to dance with."

"Don't make that face, Jessica," said Delilah. "Pace is way cuter than Bradford."

"Pace?" Charlie gasped as the girls disappeared around a corner. "He has a girlfriend?"

However, before she could wonder further, someone spoke up from the room behind her.

"Can I help you?" Charlie turned to see a pretty girl with purple hair standing in the dorm which she had ducked into.

"Hey! You're-" Charlie gasped in surprise as another beautiful purple-headed girl stepped out of a bedroom. She had accidentally stumbled into Sugar and Star's dorm!

"You must be new," Sugar smiled down at her.

"Are you here for a picture?" Star giggled cutely upon noticing Charlie's camera.

"Oh, um, yeah," Charlie said shyly. "Is that okay?"

"Of course!" Star smiled as she and Sugar flashed peace signs and posed for the photo.

"That's weird," Charlie frowned at the camera. "It's not working."

Popping open the battery cover, she saw that it was empty.

"Those idiots!" Charlie sighed.

"It's okay," Sugar giggled. "If you can't get a picture, we'll do you one better."

~~~

"Did you get the pictures???" the twins were waiting on the other side of the trees.

"No," Charlie shook her head. "But I got this!" she triumphantly held up a frilly, sparkling, purple gown.