Chapter 2-4

"Pace!" Charlie was shocked to see her roommate who had been missing all day.

"Don't we look all cute and fuzzy," he said, eyeing the bear costume with a smirk.

"Where have you been?" Charlie asked, her face burning with embarrassment.

"Somewhere," he answered vaguely. "So... you're the mascot now?"

Charlie lowered her head shamefully.

"Ha," a grin cracked across Pace's face. "Better you than me."

Even though he was being his usual, snarky self, Charlie couldn't help but realize that this was the first time she had actually seen Pace smile- but it didn't last long.

"Hey! Don't get too excited!" Mr. Campbell came marching across the field. "You're next, Class Skipper!"

Now it was Charlie's turn to grin.

"Here you go," she handed Pace the bear head, feeling rather pleased and a little bit smug.

Pace looked less than happy.

~~~

"Well, Lilly," Charlie sighed as she sat upon her bed that evening. "I survived my first day."

"Who are you talking to?" Pace had just walked in.

"Uh, no one!!! Heh, heh..." Charlie quickly jumped up, tossing a pillow over her stuffed duck.

Pace simply stared at her.

"So... hi, Pace," said Charlie awkwardly.

Pace still said nothing.

"You know, now I get why you hate that bear costume so much," she went on, fumbling for something to break the silence. "It gets really sweaty in there. I don't think I'd ever skip class if that's the punishment!"

Pace remained blank and Charlie continued.

"Is that why you had to wear it yesterday, too? Because you skipped class? I mean, is that the bad thing you did? Skipping class? That's not that bad..." Charlie was starting to ramble, but at last Pace spoke.

"I've done worse," he said, watching her intensely.

Charlie gulped and quickly turned away from his dark eyes.

"Umm... anyways," she began again after a moment, noticing the foot of Pace's bunk. "Do you think I could have that blanket back? It was just that Casey kid's, right? I mean, it's not like he'll be using it anymore now that he's gone."

At this, Pace stepped up to the bunk, pulled down the blanket, and for a split second, Charlie thought he was going to give it back to her- but she couldn't have been more wrong.

"What do you know about Casey?" Pace growled, pushing past Charlie and out of the room, taking her blanket away yet again.

"Pace! Wait!" Charlie hurried into the common room after him, but he was already slamming the dormitory door.

"Uh-oh!" Rib glanced up from his video game with raised brows. "Somebody ticked off Pace!"

"Yeah, what did you do, Charlie?" asked Demeter.

"Nothing," Charlie shrugged. "I just asked him if I could have Casey's old blanket."

"WHOA!" shouted Apollo, throwing down the magazine he had been looking at. "You said the 'Casey ' word???"

"So did you," Demeter rolled his eyes.

"Who told you about Casey?" questioned Rib, surprise still on his face.

"Oh, just this student I met this morning," Charlie explained. "But why can't I say 'Casey'?"

"Pace does not like to talk about him," answered Max.

"Yeah, best to not mention him again if you want to live comfortably with Pace," Rib advised, returning to his game. "DIE, ZOMBIE, DIE!" he shouted, squeezing the controller hard.

"You mean it can get more uncomfortable than it already is?" Charlie frowned and slumped back to her room, still completely baffled by Pace's anger.

"Why did he get so mad?" she wondered. "It's just a blanket. I don't get it."

Just then, the phone rang.

"Hello?" Charlie answered, taking a seat at the desk.

"CHARLIE! HOW WAS YOUR FIRST DAY?!" Posey screamed on the other end.

"It was okay, but I really miss cheerleading," Charlie sighed, mindlessly picking up a silver pen and doodling on her notebook.

"And the cheer squad misses you too!" cried Posey. "You were the best at doing stunts!"

"Thanks, Posey," said Charlie. "But I need to find a way to keep improving since Olympus Academy doesn't have a team. I was really looking forward to next practice so I could perfect my-"

"Chaaaaarliiiiie," a faint voice suddenly floated through the phone, giving Charlie such a start that she dropped the pen.

"WHAT WAS THAT?!?" Posey squeaked.

"Charrrrrlieeeee," the ghost-like voice moaned again.

Charlie narrowed her eyes, then shouted into the phone.

"RIB! GET OFF THE LINE!" she yelled, jumping onto the bed and pounding on the wall.

The line went silent.

"Who was that?" asked Posey.

"Just one of my dormmates," said Charlie blandly, sitting down again and picking back up the pen.

"IS HE CUTE???" Posey began to rant, but Charlie was distracted by the opening of the bedroom door.

"Hey," said Pace lowly, entering the room and walking towards the desk.

"Maybe he came back to apologize," thought Charlie with relief.

"That's not your pen," said Pace simply, whisking the silver tube from her hand and exiting the room once more.

~~~

-AUTHOR'S CORNER-

Hey guys! It's time for the first ever BoB! Q&A! Thank you to everyone who sent in their questions (and of course for the suggestion to have a Q&A!), and if you missed it, you can still send in your questions for next time! I'm going to be having fun bonus features every chapter, so stay tuned (and requests are always welcome!)

Now, to the questions! (Sorry the graphic resized when I posted! If you're having trouble viewing, it helps to open it in a new window >_<)

~~~-AUTHOR'S CORNER-Hey guys! It's time for the first ever BoB! Q&A! Thank you to everyone who sent in their questions (and of course for the suggestion to have a Q&A!), and if you missed it, you can still send in your questions for next time! I'm...

WOW! Thanks for all the questions! I always love to hear from you! <3

Now I have a question!

Which Olympus Academy student would YOU want to be your roommate and why??? xD

-xox Ray