Chapter 15-1

"I can't believe the competition is finally here!" Demeter looked anxiously around the table.

"Finally is right! Today is the day I kick Bradford's butt!" Rib grinned, pouring the last of his cereal into a dish and booting the empty box across the dorm.

"It's gonna be good," nodded Apollo.

"Yes. My grandmother is even flying in to watch us compete," added Max as he excitedly served up his special protein shakes with breakfast.

"So," Pace stepped into the room making everyone fall silent. "Are you ready to win?"

"Yeah!" they cheered.

~~~

The stadium was packed and bursting with an excited crowd as the teams began grouping up along the track. Charlie glanced around nervously, looking for her family among the crowd.

In the front of the bleachers ahead, two eighth-graders were dancing and screaming taunts down at them.

"Losers, losers!" a blonde boy with a familiar grin called. "Go back to Athens!"

"Yeah! Sparta all the way!" his flaming-red-haired friend laughed.

"Hey!" a third, older student who was passing by stopped in front of them. "You'd better calm down," he warned. "The owner of Olympus and Juno Academy is here."

"Ha! Like I care! The owner of the school is nothing!" the blonde boy mocked, but just then, a man in a suit appeared.

"Ahh, Young Mr. Printz," the owner said sternly. "I know your brother is competing today, but don't think for one minute that I will not remove you from this stadium if your inappropriate behavior continues. And that goes for you too, Mr. Blackwell," he added when the red-head sniggered.

The boys gulped, and instantly sat down in silence.

"Oooh! Printz and Bradford's little bros just got owned!" Rib hooted with glee.

"Yeah! Woop Woop!" the twins cheered with delight.

"Hey, you guys better stop that," Charlie eyed the school owner unsurely.

"Charlie, we told you! The Princes of Olympus don't get in trouble!" clucked Demeter.

However, at that moment, the school owner stepped up behind the twins, arms crossed and looking serious.

"Well, well, well. Demeter and Apollo," he began slowly. "Were you really not going to say hello to the King of Olympus?" he demanded.

"Dad!" the twins spun around.

"Huh?" Charlie watched in astonishment as the owner of the school gave the boys a hug. "He's their dad???" she turned to Rib, who nodded. "So then, they really are the Princes of Olympus?" Charlie had to laugh.

"Well, I'd better be getting to the box," the twins' dad told them. "I'm going to be introducing the grand marshal. Good luck today!" he smiled at the group before striding away.

As Apollo and Demeter's father made his way to the commentator box, Charlie returned her eyes to the mass of attendees. There were so many recognizable faces- Mr. Campbell... the teachers... the students who were not participating... kids from the elementary and middle schools... the Spartan's girlfriends from Juno... that girl Delilah...

"Now where is- Posey!" she grinned as she excitedly spotted her best friend sitting in the stands next to her mom and dad.

"Charlie!" Posey waved eagerly, as did Charlie's parents.

"POSEY! POSEY!" the twins had noticed her too and become extremely excited.

"Welcome to the Olympus Academy Olympics!" the school owner had spoken into the mic, causing the entire stadium to cheer. "Today there will be six events," he explained. "Points will be rewarded by our judges panel based on performance and form."

"Posey, Posey, Posey!" the twins continued to chant as their dad talked.

"You ready?" Pace looked at Charlie.

She nodded and he gave her a smile.

"Posey!" Demeter called.

"POSEYYY!" yelled Apollo.

"And now-" the King of Olympus went on. "Allow me to introduce this year's special grand marshals!"

"Grand marshals?" Max looked curiously as even the twins stopped to stare.

Then, as their dad stepped aside, two girls with purple hair stepped up to the microphone.

"NO," began Demeter.

"WAY," finished Apollo.

"SUGAR AND STAR!" they screamed together. "WE LOVE YOUUU!"

"Hey! What about me?" Posey pouted from the crowd.

"Let the games begin!" the girls called.