Chapter 5-5

"You go catch Pace while we get showered and changed," Rib instructed Charlie. "We'll meet you outside."

With an anxious nod, Charlie hurried from the room after Pace.

"Pace! Wait up!" she called, happy to find him not yet far down the hall. "The others are just getting changed. We can wait for them outside," she told him. "Uhh... but how do we get out of here?" Charlie glanced around the humongous, maze-like center.

Pace did not answer, only shuffling off towards another archway which seemed to lead outside.

"Oh! Good! You found the exit!" Charlie sighed as she followed him through the arch. "I thought we were gonna get lost in th-"

"Congratulations!!!" a man suddenly jumped out in front of them. He was wearing a pair of athletic shorts, a dress shirt, and a bow tie.

"Huh?!" Charlie recoiled in surprise.

"You're our 100th couple to visit the Break-a-Sweat Outdoors Division!" the man exclaimed.

"Oh... We're not a couple..." Charlie blushed, but ignoring her, the man continued to shout.

"That means you win a free ride pass for the Break-a-Sweat No-Snow Luge!" he yelled, and before either of them could decline, he ushered them up a tall set of steps to the top of a giant slide-like structure.

"Hey, wait!" Charlie cried as the man helped her onto the sled.

"Now you sit here in the front, miss. And you go right here," the pushy worker pulled Pace onto the two-person sled directly behind Charlie. "That's good. Now put your arms around her like this," the man folded Pace's arms around Charlie's waist.

Charlie let out a small gasp and Pace attempted to get back up, but the man was already giving them a big push, sending them speeding down the slide.

"AHHH!!!" Charlie screamed. "I'm gonna fall off!" she cried fearfully as the sled raced down the track. However, she felt Pace's arms tighten around her, ensuring that she stayed safely on the luge as they continued to zoom along the slope.

It seemed like they would never reach the bottom. Charlie closed her eyes, feeling the wind hit her face, a tickling in her gut as they descended, and Pace's strong embrace.

When they finally skidded to a halt, Charlie turned to Pace. For a split second he gazed back, arms still wrapped around her waist, but suddenly looking uncomfortable, he jumped up and shoved his hands into his pockets.

"Can we get out of here now?" he huffed, heading off towards a gate marked 'exit'.

Charlie stared after him in bewilderment.

"What exactly just happened?" she wondered.

~~~

---AUTHOR NOTE---

Hi, guys! Unfortunately, this week's comic version update won't be out on time (artist was out of town), so  I am posting this written update EARLY, giving an extra wattpad update this week (totaling THREE)! Please accept this as my apology, and also, since it's the end of the chapter, please enjoy this BoB! birthday game!

Just choose your birthday and see what you get! 

For example, if you were born on January 1st, 1995, you would get "Pace Hugged Me Because He Thinks I'm Cute". Have fun! 

xox Ray

 Have fun! xox Ray