Chapter 9-4

"CHARLIE! I'M SO HAPPY TO SEE-" Posey stopped dead in her tracks as she noticed the group of good-looking Athens boys. "Well, hello there!" she smiled, immediately entering flirt-mode.

"And hello to you!" Apollo was the first to close in. "I'm Apollo, the Prince of Olympus Academy! Would you like to be my Princess?"

"No, no, no! Don't let him fool you!" Demeter shoved his brother out of the way. "I'm the Prince of Olympus! Demeter- at your service, my lady!" he kissed Posey's hand.

"Stop it, Demeter!" Apollo grabbed her other hand and kissed it himself.

"It's okay, boys," grinned Posey. "I'll take you both!"

"Wow, it's like a girl version of the twins," Charlie watched wide-eyed at her embarrassing friend.

"Maybe she's their long lost sister," pointed out Rib. "Except then that would be really weird," he added as Apollo and Demeter each kissed her on either cheek.

"Um, Posey?" Charlie interrupted their flirtations. "Let me introduce you to Max."

"Pleased to meet you, Posey," Max smiled. "Could I offer you a Christmas cookie?"

"Oh, wow! Another cutie?" Posey now moved from the twins to Maxsim.

"And this is Rib," Charlie went on.

"Hiya," Rib held out his hand.

"Oh, I've heard all about you!" Posey said, shaking his hand. "Charlie said you were a prankster. But I'm totally not gonna fall for any of your- AHH!" Posey screamed as Rib's 'hand' pulled right out of his sleeve.

"Yes! I've been waiting for the perfect moment to use that!" Rib grinned at Charlie. "Thanks for giving me a hand!"

"Oh well," said Posey, when she recovered from her scare. "You're still cute," she told Rib, giving the fake hand back to him.

"Hey! Don't forget about us!" the twins pouted, but Posey went on.

"You didn't tell me your roommates were so hot!" she cried happily. "So, where's that crabby guy you share a bedroom with? I want to see what he looks like!"

"Oh, trust me. You don't want to meet Pace," said Charlie, but at that exact moment, none other than Pace stepped out of his room.

"He's SO CUTE!" Posey shrilled.

"Hey, Charlie," Pace began, his voice strangely nice. "You can't leave yet!"

Charlie stared in surprise.

"Why not?" she asked curiously.

"Because," Pace cracked a smile. "You forgot your duckie. How will you be able to sleep without it?" he smirked, tossing Lilly across the room before disappearing back into the bedroom.

"Hey! I bought her that when we were little!" Posey shouted as Charlie caught the duck.

"You sleep with a duckie?" Rib chortled in amusement.

"So, you sleep with a shrunken head!" said Demeter.

"Umm, I think we'd better get going," Charlie blushed.

"Already?" Posey frowned. "But I only just met your roommates!"

"Come on," Charlie tugged Posey towards the door. "We have a lot to talk about. Like the dance?" she tried to distract her friend.

"Oh! That's right! Wait until you see my dress!" Posey squealed.

"What dance?" wondered Rib.

"The spring formal they're having at my old school," Charlie told him sadly. "I sure wish I could go."

"Do not worry," said Max. "Olympus Academy has a dance as well."

"Oh, now I'm jealous!" Posey gasped as Charlie pulled her into the hall. "I was excited about going to a boy-girl dance, but you get to go to an all-boy dance! Maybe that one cute guy can be your date!"

"What one cute guy?" Charlie looked at her friend skeptically.

"The one you always talk about," said Posey. "Printz."

"Yes?" a voice joined them in the hall.

"Printz!" Charlie gasped as she turned to see him standing behind them.

"Did I hear someone call me?" he winked.

"Is that him?" Posey's eyes were the size of the moon.

"Um, Printz... This is my friend Posey," Charlie introduced them awkwardly. "She's here to pick me up."

"You're leaving already?" Printz frowned. "Wait one minute," he added, suddenly disappearing into the Sparta Dorm. "Okay," he returned a second later, a pretty red and green-wrapped package in his hands. "Merry Christmas, Charlize," he smiled, handing Charlie the box. Then with a wink, he returned back into his dorm.

"What is it?" Posey stared at the present excitedly as Charlie gently unwrapped it. "WHOA!" she cried when Charlie opened the box to find a beautiful heart-shaped necklace. "Man! You are so lucky! I wish I went here! This is so unfair! I just had to have the girliest name ever! Why couldn't I have been named Bob or something?"

Charlie continued to gaze at the necklace from Printz, and she had to agree.

"I really am lucky," she grinned.