Chapter 10-1

Charlie had to admit that now that Art Club had been moved indoors due to the cold, it was certainly not as interesting.

"Okay," began the club leader one January afternoon. "Since it's too freezing to sit outside and draw for hours, I want you to find something inside of the academy to draw. You can pick any subject you'd like."

"Hmm. Anything?" Charlie thought as she stepped into the hall, but was momentarily distracted by a familiar, dark-dressed figure disappearing around the corner.

~~~

"I still wish we could go back outside to draw nature," Charlie frowned when she returned to the Athens Dorm. "This is somehow just not the same," she sighed as she sketched Rib, who was posing dead on the floor again.

"Hey, pretty!" Apollo appeared in the common room once again wearing his animal print undies. "Do you need a model?" he wriggled his brows suggestively.

"No, thanks. I'm all finished!" Charlie hid her face behind her tablet and skirted into her room.

Sighing once again, she seated herself at the desk and began to flip through her sketchbook.

"Hmm. What else can I find to draw around here?" she glanced around the room. "Hey! Where's the picture frame Posey got me? It's gone!"

Charlie frantically did a double-take across the desk, even moving her lamp and other decor aside. However, the picture frame was nowhere to be seen.

"PACE!" Charlie growled. "I bet he took it!"

"Why would I want that?" Pace's voice made her jump out of her skin and she turned to see him sitting on his bunk.

"Huh? Pace? I didn't know you were in here!" Charlie frowned. "What are you doing?"

"Nothing," said Pace, tucking something under his pillow.

Charlie narrowed her eyes.

"You did take it, didn't you?" she demanded.

"Take what?" he smirked, climbing down from his bunk.

"My picture frame!" Charlie was hysterical. "Give it back!"

"Give what back?" Pace smirked again, now opening Charlie's sketchbook.

"Give it back!" Charlie shouted again.

"Hey, this is pretty good," he said, ignoring her screams and now smirking down at her drawing of him stealing the blankets.

"PACE!" Charlie hissed again. "GIVE. IT. BACK!"

"I don't know. That might be pretty hard," Pace was still grinning. "Considering I don't have it," he finished.

"Fine!" Charlie yelled, storming out of the dorm.

"What is the issue?" Max looked up from his baking.

"Pace stole my picture!" Charlie pouted.

"Which picture?" asked Demeter.

"The one of Posey and I," Charlie told him.

"Oh. That wasn't Pace," Demeter shook his head and turned to his brother.

"Huh?" Charlie was taken aback. 

"Sorry, Charlie!" Apollo chuckled. "I was just doing a little redecorating. And as it turns out, that picture frame really looks the best in my room."

"Apollo!" Charlie crossed her arms.

"Sorry," Apollo quickly retrieved the picture frame and unwillingly held it out.

"It's okay," said Charlie, reaching for the frame. "Hey! Let go!" she added, when Apollo refused to loosen his grip.

"Aww, come on! Let me keep it!" Apollo grinned. "It can be a birthday present!"

"Hey, speaking of birthday presents," interrupted Demeter. "Our birthdays are next weekend! What are we doing?"

"We could go ghost hunting again!" Rib suggested enthusiastically.

"No, I have a much better idea!" grinned Apollo.