Chapter 3-5

Charlie stayed in the common room late that evening, deciding it was easier to just not go into the bedroom than to try and avoid accidentally picking up something else that might set Pace off.

"Come on, Charlie!" said Rib when Max and the twins had gone to bed. "You can watch a movie with me," he slapped the sofa next to him.

"Oh, what movie?" Charlie asked him, being careful not to sit on the blood-stain he had made the day before.

"Shouts From The Woods," grinned Rib, passing the movie case to Charlie.

The cover showed a ghostly shape emerging from a foggy line of trees, the title font dripping in red.

"On second thought," squeaked Charlie, tossing the case back to Rib. "I'm kind of tired. I think I'm gonna go to bed. Night!"

Charlie zipped into the bedroom and onto her bed. Pace still wasn't back yet.

"So much for my plan of coming in here after he was already asleep," thought Charlie. "Oh well. I just won't touch anything," she decided. "It's late anyways. I can just go to sleep."

Charlie sunk down into her pillow next to Lilly and as she tried to drift off, her thoughts landed on Printz. Then, however, her mind began to race.

"Is it really going to be a date on Saturday? Or am I just going to watch the soccer match and leave?" she wondered. "What do you wear to a soccer match? And what do you wear to a soccer match that might be a date? And what am I going to wear?" Charlie was now wide awake. "It's too bad we aren't going to the mall until next weekend. I could get a new outfit to wear. What do I even have that would look nice?"

Charlie rolled over and, eyeing the wardrobe, quickly sprung up.

"Let's see. I have to have something cute," she moved her uniform aside to review the clothes she had packed. "No... No... No... Maybe... Oh, I really wish Posey was here right now," Charlie sighed as she surveyed a heart-print t-shirt. "Hmm, I guess this would go with my pink skirt," she reached farther for her skirt, but it fell to the bottom of the closet, hanger and all.

"Great," she kneeled down and stretched her hand into the dark wardrobe, feeling around for her skirt. "Aha!" her hand clasped onto the soft fabric and standing back up triumphantly, she turned to see Pace standing there, arms crossed.

"Drop it," he demanded.

"Huh? But it's mine!" Charlie said defensively, holding up the piece of clothing. "It's just my skir-."

Charlie stopped dead, finally seeing the item she had extracted from the bottom of the closet. She was now holding a silken track jersey.

"Oh!" she let the shirt fall from her fingers in surprise.

Pace quickly scooped it up and stepped to the wardrobe. Pulling out Charlie's heart tee, he tore it from the hanger and tossed it on the floor, hanging the jersey in its place.

"What's the big deal? It's just a smelly jersey," Charlie whined to herself as Pace climbed to his top bunk. "Besides, it was in the bottom of the closet! It's not like he wears it to practice or something. The only thing I've ever seen him wear on the fields is the bear suit."

Charlie grimaced and picked up her shirt. Shaking out the wrinkles, she folded it neatly and placed it on the top shelf of the wardrobe. 

"I wish I had just one more hanger," she thought, glancing across the dangling clothing.

Every hanger was already in use; holding Pace's uniform, Pace's clothes, Pace's jerseys...

"Wait a minute," Charlie did a double-take. "Why does he have two jerseys if he doesn't even wear them? Closet Hog," she scoffed and irritatedly climbed into bed.

~~~

Charlie was surprised Friday morning to find a note had been slid under her door.

Roses are red
Violets are blue
Charlie is cute 
And Apollo is too

"I wonder who wrote this," Charlie thought sarcastically.

"Art thou prepared to create some beautiful poetry, my dear?" Apollo snapped his fingers in a circle when she joined the boys for breakfast.

"As long as it keeps me out of that mascot costume," Charlie agreed.

"That's for the best," smirked Rib. "Pace doesn't like to share."

"Yeah, I know," said Charlie.

"Or, go to class," whispered Demeter as Pace emerged from the bedroom and headed for the bathroom with a pair of fresh jeans and another black tee.

"Yeah, I know," said Charlie again.

~~~

Printz was waiting for Charlie once more when she left the Athens Dorm.

"So, are you ready for tomorrow?" he asked as they made their way down the hall.

"Mmhmm," Charlie nodded, but she wished she knew exactly what she was supposed to be ready for. Just a soccer match? Or more?

"Good," smiled Printz. "Poetry Club meets today, doesn't it?" he asked.

"Yeah, how'd you know?" Charlie looked up at him curiously.

"I checked," Printz winked before turning for his classroom. "And remember," he added, pausing to look back. "Make sure to think about me when you're writing your poem- and maybe you can read it to me tomorrow after the match," he finished, disappearing amongst the rest of the students who were piling into the room.

"So... it is a date?" Charlie squealed to herself as she entered math.

~~~

---Author Note---

Hey everyone! We're almost through Chapter 3! The final section of the chapter will be posted on Friday (along with the Fan Art Corner!)

Also, as a side note, I have a new story on wattpad. It's called Camp Idol, so please check that out if you'd like :3

See you next time!

xox Ray