Chapter 12-5

"Ahh, it feels so good to be out of that stupid inn with that stupid guy!" Charlie hugged Lilly the next morning. "See if I ever follow that jerk anywhere again! Now all I have to do is put up with him for one more week- and then it's Spring Break!"

~~~

"So, what are your plans for Spring Break?" asked Printz during their usual hallway walk.

"We're all going to Rib's house," said Charlie. "You?"

"The Spartans are going to Bradford's beach house," answered Printz.

"Wow, that sounds fun," exclaimed Charlie.

"Sure," said Printz. "But it would be funner if you were going to be there," he winked. "When do you leave?"

"Tomorrow," Charlie told him.

"Aw, too bad," frowned Printz. "We're not leaving until the day after tomorrow. I thought if you were still going to be here, maybe we could have a private rehearsal for the play. You know, just the two of us." Printz winked again. "Well, I guess I'll see you after break. Have fun, Charlize," he grinned and headed into class.

~~~

"I'm so excited for break!" Rib cheered that evening as he lugged an enormous duffel bag from his room.

"Whoa! What's in there, man?" Demeter raised his brows. "A body?"

"Shh," Rib raised a finger to his lips with a mischievous smirk in his eyes.

"But what should we do to pass the time until tomorrow?" Max wondered.

"You could always help me with my basket toss again," suggested Charlie with a grin.

"Why not?" shrugged Demeter.

"Yeah! Any time is a good time to assist a pretty cheerleader!" smiled Apollo.

"Okay, guys! I think this is the time we're going to get it!" called Rib as the boys lifted Charlie above them. "I can feel it!"

"I hope so!" said Charlie excitedly. "Here goes! One! Two! Three!"

On three, Charlie went flipping into the air, but came zooming back down just a few inches too far from the others.

"AHHH!" Charlie landed hard on the floor once again.

"Man, maybe we should start aiming for Pace's bed again," said Rib. "At least it provided padding."

"Yeah, have you ever considered wearing protective gear?" asked Demeter.

"She could wear my goalie mask!" offered Rib.

"She didn't land on her face," laughed Apollo.

"No. She has landed on her ankle," frowned Max, rushing to Charlie's side.

"Owww!" Charlie howled as she held her foot.

"I think it is twisted," said Max worriedly.

"Twisted?" the twins widened their eyes.

"How are you going to come to Rib's with us?" wondered Demeter.

"Yeah, you can't swim or ride the horses or anything with a messed up foot," frowned Rib.

"I think it would probably be best if you just stay here and rest," said Max, helping Charlie onto the bed.

"Oh, great! You mean I have to be stuck at the academy all by myself for a whole week while everyone else goes on Spring Break?" Charlie moaned.

"Well, not everyone is going on Spring Break," said Demeter shadily.

"Yeah. Pace is staying here too," said Rib.