Chapter 9-2

Apart from Pace's evil stalking, Charlie found Art Club to be extremely enjoyable. There was nothing she could badly mess up, and even if she did, all she had to do was use her eraser.

"So, how are you liking Art Club?" Max wondered as Charlie sketched in her pad.

"I love it!" Charlie grinned. "Except Pace keeps bugging me," she added under her breath as she finished her sketch of a cloaked and fanged Pace who was staring out from behind a tree.

"Pace bugs everyone," laughed Apollo as a scream suddenly issued from Rib's room.

"GAME OVER??? NOOO!!!" Rib's voice cried.

"He bugs everyone too," teased Demeter.

"Yeah, couldn't you have bought him a quieter birthday present?" chuckled Apollo.

Max grinned innocently as Rib shouted again.

"ALRIGHT! YOU'RE GOING DOWN THIS TIME, EVIL SPECTER!" 

With a sigh, the twins both covered their ears, but just then the door to Athens swung open.

"What, is Charlie that boring that you have to plug your ears?" Pace smirked as he walked in.

"Grrr," Charlie's face flushed with anger as she scribbled furiously over her drawn image of Pace.

~~~

"Okay, everyone. I think this will be our last outdoors meeting before Christmas," the Art Club leader told the group a few weeks later. The sky was gray, and a biting wind was nipping at Charlie's nose.

"Aww," Charlie frowned and adjusted her winter hat.

"Today I want you to draw something with frost," the leader instructed, pointing to one of the icy academy windows.

Charlie nodded and happily moved to find something frosty to sketch, however, her spirits fell when she spotted Pace lurking nearby yet again.

"Pace! Stop following me!" she yelled at him. "I don't know what you want! I don't have any of your stuff! This is mine. See?" she held up her sparkly, pink pencil and kitten sketchbook.

"Clearly," said Pace, rolling his eyes and walking away.

"Ugh," Charlie shrugged and turned her attention back to the club. "The last outside class before Christmas. I'd better find something really good to draw- Wait! Christmas is that soon?" Charlie gasped, and although she soon began to sketch the frosted ivy near the academy entrance, her mind was set on a very important phone call she needed to make.

~~~

"I can't wait to see you!!!" Charlie squealed into the phone. "I didn't even realize the holidays were already coming up!"

"I did! I've been counting!" Posey cried back. "And guess what!" she added excitedly.

"What?" Charlie wondered.

"When winter break starts, I'm coming to pick you up!" Posey told her joyfully.

"I can't wait!" Charlie grinned, but just then, Pace groaned from his bunk. "I really can't wait," repeated Charlie, once again, sketching a picture of an evil Pace, who was stealing a pile of blankets.

~~~