saccharine pt.1>>namjin

J I N

"So, when are you planning on moving?" I asked the younger as I let the big sip of boba slip down my throat. I dreaded asking the question but there wasn't really much to talk about when we knew our days together were numbered. I looked down at my hands gripping tightly onto the plastic cup with my name written on it in sloppy handwriting.

"Next week." He looked at me but quickly averted his gaze when I lifted my head. His hands fiddled with the sleeves of his sweater that was slipping off of his shoulder, a habit of his when he was scared. I wish I could engulf him in my arms and tell him everything was okay but I'd be lying to him and myself.

We sat on the park bench in silence. The trees were just beginning to bloom pale pink flowers on them. The petals were scattered all over the walking path of the park, making the park bright and full of beauty. We always watched as the leaves grew their leaves. Knowing that that wouldn't be happening this year caused me to frown.

I felt a hand on my own. It was warm and comforting. I turned and saw him tugging on my hand. There were tears brimming at his eyes and he looked so tired. His eyes were dull and full of death. I wish I could make his worry go away. I looked at his lips and back up to his watery eyes that stared right back at me. His lips seemed like they wanted to speak but he was afraid to.

"I'm just so scared." he cried into his hands and his breathing quickened. I patted his back soothingly, cooing words of encouragement to him. I had to stay strong for him. Seeing him in this state of despair hurt me just as much but it wouldn't do good if we were both crying. I choked back my tears as his sobs turned into screaming. Trust me, this hurts.

-7 years later-

An orange film shined over my closed eyelids and I fluttered my eyes open. "Hey hyung, breakfast is ready." my roommate, Jimin called me softly. I groaned in response before gasping loudly surprising Jimin.

"Wait who made it?" I asked, eyes wide. Jimin looked confused before answering me. "H-Hoseok hyung." Jimin gulped before I jumped from my bed running past him. This was a disaster and I was not trying to turn my Saturday into this.

I scrambled down the steps. By the end I missed a step and tripped but quickly caught myself, crashing into the wall. I staggered into the kitchen but stopped in my tracks. There was no fire or any food burning. Hoseok, my other roommate and the reason for my anxiety, turned as he clutched his chest dramatically. "Damn hyung, scared the hell out of me." He muttered turning back around to scrape some rice from the bowl he was eating from.

"Same to you." I released a breath I was holding in relief that breakfast was safe and I could at least start my morning off like a normal person. In a house with 3 boys, nothing was normal. I sat down at the tiny table and picked up the chopsticks, beginning to eat slowly. The food wasn't as bad but of course my food was better.

"So are we going to the pet store today or..?" Hoseok shoved a piece of fried egg into his mouth and I looked up thinking. I did promise him I would go but I didn't really know if I should since he was shopping for a dog and I was just gonna be there.

"Why? It's your pet." I said, inhaling the rice from the bowl. There was no use in me going there with him and I really planned out a long day of Netflix and Drown Myself in Food. Just the right day for it, The sun shining and flower blooming days.

Hoseok pouted putting his empty bowl in the sink. After this would be intense begging, begging that would make me want to say yes just for it to stop. "Please hyung, you are so nice to me and I love spending with you." What I'd tell you. He tugged on the loose pajama shirt I was wearing and jumped up and down making weird gurgling noises.

"Just stop, I'll come on one condition," I smirked placing down my chopsticks and my bowl. Hoseok had let me go and was listening intently to my words. "I get my own pet too." I bopped Hoseok's nose and slipped behind him to wash my bowl out. Ever since I moved here I wanted my own cat. My parents never let me have one when I lived with them.

Hoseok stood there with his index finger poking into his chin making a slight dimple. He then smiled lazily, "Okay, whatever." He rolled his eyes and I jumped up and down cheering loudly as I made my way back upstairs to begin getting dressed.

I danced into my room, skipping and pumping my fist into the air. I searched through my closet for the perfect outfit. I picked out a blue t-shirt with some black skinny jeans and low white Converse. As I looked down at my shoes, it reminded me of something but I couldn't think of what. I shrugged the feeling off and made my way into the bathroom.

The bathroom was just down the hall from my room and I trotte with my towel. I looked into the mirror sighing at my unruly hair. It was now blonde now, something my parents would never let me do in my teenage years. It had always been natural browns but I wanted to exit my comfort zone and be crazy with my hair.

I pulled my hands through instantly regretting it. My hand got stuck in a knot and I was making grunts of pain as I forced my hand out. I breathed out in relief when I saw my pink brush and I began combing my hair with delicate motions as to not make my hair fall out in clumps. "Finally." I exhaled the word grinning at my hair, I looked hot. Then I stripped my clothes off of my body and hopped into the shower.

-

I slipped on my black snapback but before doing so I slicked back my hair so my snapback could fit. I walked out of my room looking for Hoseok downstairs. But of course, nowhere to be found. "Hoe where are you?" I yelled in annoyance as I barged into his room.

I was greeted with the sight of Hoseok kissing Jimin, no more like eating his face off. It was gross. I remembered that I was the only single one in this house. The couple didn't even notice me until I coughed really loudly. Jimin jumped off of Hoseok, face red and he looked down a smile on his face.

Hoseok on the other hand was breathing heavily and his hair was all over the place. "Oh, hi, I'll be out in a second." Hoseok pushed me out of the room without another word and I put my hand to my temple and groaned. "This boy." I laughed shaking my head.

A/N: This is only the start, pt.2 coming soon! This was requested by TheFlashIsBae. I really hope you look forward to the second part to come. I love you<3 bye babies!!!!