alive•hopemin

H O S E O K

I remember the day you stood me up. At first I was clueless to why. I had set up reservations for two at the fancy restaurant downtown. I had roses that were pure white and a black velvet box with a diamond ring inside. I was so nervous that day. What would you say? I wanted you to be mine but I didn't know how you felt. I had never shed so much tears in my life.

"Hobi hyung, what's wrong? You're spacing out again." I snapped out of my terrible flashback to be met with the interrogating eyes of my friend Jimin. He was so worried for me while I was wallowing in my self pity. I was being a bad friend. I shouldn't be focusing on the past but I can't help to wonder about how happy he is. Without me.

"Oh nothing. Sorry, a lot has been on my mind lately." I coughed nervously and stood silent waiting for Jimin to go back to watching the anime currently playing on his laptop. But Jimin just stared at me. Like he was reading a book he didn't understand. His eyebrows were furrowed and his lips were slightly parted. He knew I was lying. I wasn't okay. I just kept telling myself that. After saying it for the past five months I started to believe it.

"O-okay, you would tell me if you weren't okay, right?" Jimin's face relaxed into a sincere smile and he placed a hand on my thigh lovingly. I just nodded slowly, a smile slowly appearing on my lips. He didn't deserve this. A friend who couldn't even be there because of something that happened so long ago. He deserved the world. Someone who was willing to listen to his crazy ideas and laugh along with him. Not sit in silence that was not comfortable or wanted.

"I'll be upstairs if you need me. Are you going anywhere today?" Jimin got up, packing his things in his laptop bag and walking away only to turn back. I was planning on going somewhere today, like the park just to clear my head. I needed something to just relieve me of all this stress. Everything was killing me. Everything reminded me of him. I was sick of it.

"The park, just to get some fresh air, alone." I knew that Jimin would have wanted to tag along but I wasn't in the mood. I need my space. I gazed down at the floor as I heard Jimin sigh as he muttered a small 'okay' and he strutted back to his room. I felt really bad. I knew he knew something. He was just waiting for me to admit it. I didn't know if I could. It would break me apart. Nothing, and I mean nothing could fix me. I was just a broken soul walking in deadman wonderland.

I didn't see the point in sitting on the couch by myself, sad as hell. I got up and began slipping my shoes on at the door. I opened the door, wincing as the hot summer humidity hit me. It kind of took my breath away and it took me a few seconds to adjust to the sudden change in temperature. I walked out the door remembering to lock it behind me. The park was only 5 minutes away. I began quickly shuffling.

It might've just been my mind playing tricks but everybody around me was holding hands. They all looked so happy and cheerful. So in love. It made my heart wrench in a painful matter. I hated the feeling. Out of all people, why me? It hurt seeing myself like this. Dead but still walking. I was still functioning but dead at the same time.

I had already made it to the park. It was quite empty at this hour. The mothers taking their children back home for nap time and the couples or groups of friends leaving for a snack. I sat on a bench close to a spot filled with white roses. They were still there. I remember after being left to rot, I decided planting the roses in the grass would be the best thing. They were one of the things in my life that weren't a mess. They reminded me that there were still things to look forward to in life.

I brushed the petals in a careful matter. Like even a touch harder than what I was doing would cause them to wither away. Just like my heart. I hadn't noticed I was crying before a tear rolled down my cheeks. It burned like acid. "I'm all alone." Admitting this caused more tears to spill. All the thing I've been wanting to say being told from my eyes.

"No you're not." I jumped from the sudden voice next to me. I turned slowly, scared of seeing some type of ghost. It was just Jimin. His eyes were a bit red but it was no time for questions. I was wondering why he was here. But I was speechless. He must've heard everything. Jimin placed his hands on mine squeezing them tight. "I'm always here, I can't believe you've kept it to yourself for this long." His voice broke on the last word. It was heart breaking.

"I'm sorry Jimin, I don't want you to worry. I can't be saved." I removed his hands away from mine with care. He didn't have to care for me. He was wasting valuable tears over me. Ruining his beautiful face, over me. I took my thumbs and wiped them over Jimin's now wet cheeks. My heart began to beat wildly. It frightened me at first. A feeling I haven't felt in so long. Something that felt so foreign but yet so familiar.

"I can't help but worry, I just lo-" Before another word could escape his mouth I crashed my lips into his. It wasn't forced nor weird. It felt different. Like we belonged like this. Like it was normal. I was alive again. I released from the kiss. I tried reading Jimin's eyes. They were wide with tears leaking from them. This was my cue to keep kissing him.

I grabbed the back of his head pushing it in to deepen the kiss a little more. He moved his lips a little in sync with mine. But he was crying so much that it was hard for him. He loved me and this is how I treated him. I hated myself for that. But right now I was making up for it. Giving him everything he deserved. Giving him everything he wanted.

"Jimin, I'm very sorry, I love you too I just didn't know what I was feeling." I moved my hands from his chubby cheeks to his small hands, intertwining our fingers together. I felt a lot better. And Jimin stopped crying, instead breathing heavily from how much I had kissed him. He grabbed onto my waist, hugging me tightly. I felt a big weight being lifted from my shoulders.

I've finally let go for you.
Giving you my everything.
Just love me.
How I love you.
And everything will be alright.

"Hoseok, I knew you weren't okay a-and you lied." Jimin's words were muffled into my shoulder as we cuddled on the bench. I was cradling him in my arms while I was also rubbing circles into his back, his head on my shoulder. We had been crying and kissing and cuddling for I don't know how long. The sun was setting so I imagine maybe an hour or so.

I kissed his lips slowly and backed away. "I'm just broken right now, but I'll change, just wait." I wrapped my arms around his body as I talked to him. I was gonna change, just for him. And for myself. I needed it. Some might say he was a rebound but to me, he wasn't. He healed me. Brought me back to life. "Thank you for being there, I really appreciate it." I smiled down at Jimin, his wide eyes observing me.

He smiled too, cuddling more into my chest. "Anytime time, Jung Hoseok." A soft kiss was pressed into my cheek and a little giggle escaped into the air. I'm really alive.

My heart has started again
Just for you
You saved me
As long as you're here
I'm okay
Thank you so much
Please don't leave

I never wanted this to end.

A/N: Hey guys😊 This is so sad, I'm sorry😁 Not. It's one of my best works. The little poems in there are written by me. I've been thinking of publishing a poem book. I mean I write poems everyday. They just come to me very quickly. Comment if I should. I just have a lot of ideas swirling in my head and I don't know which one to choose. I still don't know when the 'Get to Know Me' chapter is being published. I mean I don't think you guys wanna see anything that is about me. All y'all wanna see is BTS. I understand, I don't wanna see my ugly self either. Anyways vote, comment, share, idgaf🙃 I lobeu my Miki mice❤️