scared of love•taejin

I'm used to faking a smile whenever one is to ask about how I'm feeling. I'm quick to deny my body language and blame it on fatigue. I don't like lying but somehow it just feels right to. I don't anyone to worry when I disappear into the night, wrecking myself even more than I already am. If you ask me, it saves me from pain, even if it's hurting me more, it doesn't matter. I do it for him, and that's what truly drives me.

"Honey, you okay?" Taehyung waved his hand in my face with a worried look plastered on his face. There he goes again with all this worrying.

"Stop worrying, I'm fine, see?" I grinned, revealing my pearly whites. I hoped it didn't seem forced or desperate looking. I just wanted his questions to stop. It's not like caring would help our relationship. It would just mess it up.

He just nodded, his red hair falling into his eyes as he turned his attention back to the front of the classroom. I hate this. There's this continuous lump in my throat, just making me sick. It grows with every lie, every concealment. I can't deal with it. But I keep telling myself, it's for him, it's alright. In the end, he'll be happy and that's truly what matters.

I began to focus my attention to the lesson being taught. Of course I wasn't really but it seemed like I was. The phrases written on the board had begun to blurry with every passing thought. Everyone was taking notes but me. I could just ask Taehyung for them after school. I wasn't in the right state of mind to shove more nonsense I wasn't going to use in the future inside my brain.

After class, everyone began to pack their things. Even catching up with their friends who had already wondered into the crowded halls. I knew that when we exited the classroom he would continue with the questions. Just an endless cycle of assuming and denying.

To avoid this, I packed slowly. I cursed at myself at the lack of items I held in my bag and I zipped it up and slung it over my shoulder with a smile. I ran my slender fingers through my thick blonde hair and motioned for Taehyung to walk along with me.

He had been watching me pack my things with curiosity. I know he's not stupid enough to think I move that slow but I'll just shrug it off and go about, not a single care in the world. Except the hand that's clasped around mine right now. I look up to see Taehyung smiling his rectangular smile as he looks at our intertwined fingers.

"This feels right." He whispered but loud enough for me to hear the hint of love in his voice. I couldn't deny. It did. And it was scary. Every hour I fell more in love and it made me scared. I was never one to reveal my full feelings, and I don't plan on starting now.

Ignoring the warning in my chest, I just blushed at the comment and began dragging Taehyung to the exit of the school. Our school was quite big and it took us a while to actually reach the two glass doors. I was planning to part ways with Taehyung today but he had other plans.

"Hey could I sleepover your house tonight?" He turned his face to me after we had passed the cherry blossom tree that leads to the courtyard. I wanted to say no, with my whole body just a big fat no. But I reminded myself that I needed him happy. In order to have a good relationship, your lover always had to be happy.

"Yeah, my mom won't be home till next week." I shrugged and we set off to my house. My home wasn't far and in no time we had arrived, skipping up the 12 stairs as I pulled out the key.

I pushed the door open and yelled just to make sure no one was present in the house. I pulled Taehyung inside and we both slid our sneakers off. I took off my uniform jacket as it was making me sweat and hung it on the coat rack. I walked to the living room, lazily plopping myself on the couch. I was face down into the cushions when I felt hand encase my hips and a low growl.

"What are you doing?" I asked, with a hint of concern evident in my voice. Taehyung was never one to act this way. Don't tell me he wants to-

"Can we like make out?" Taehyung cut my thoughts off as he shyly rubbed his nape. He looked adorable as his eyes met mine, pleading for me to accept his request. This is what lovers did. When they are in love.

I gulped before nodding. Taehyung grabbed my waist once again as he pushed me into the sofa. He hovered over my body like a drone and he smiled when he met my eyes. We kissed before but only light pecks, nothing passionate.

Before I knew it, I was tasting his cherry chapstick and my hands were slowly pulling on the fire red strands of hair. His soft lips captured mine just right and our hearts bested in unison. If I could describe this as one thing, it'd be love. But I'm scared.

My thoughts engulfed me in terror as I tore our lips apart and scooted to another seat on the sofa. My heart was beating at an irregular pace and my eyes were twitching. I didn't like this at all. And neither of us liked the expressions painted on the others face.

"Jin, did I do something wrong?" Taehyung was just rambling on and on and asking me questions that would one day lead to the forced truthful answer. I guess today was going to be that day.

"I'm scared." I somehow fooled myself that the answer would satisfy him, or that he would stop throwing inquiries at me. How could I have fooled myself so much?

"Scared of what, me?" He pointed to himself as his eyes began to sink into the hollows of his face. I never thought I would witness it. At least not today.

"O-of love." I buried my face in my hands, almost on the verge of tears. How did I let it get this bad? This was out of control. But the next sentence to tumble into the thick gas surrounding us made me relax.

"You don't have to be, just let it cradle you in its arms, you've finally fell for me." His smile reached up to his ears as he wrapped his arms around my waist lovingly and I leaned into the embrace.

We stayed silent like this, until Taehyung decided he wanted to tell a joke. "Well since that's over, do you think we could frickle frackle?" Taehyung wiggled his eyebrows and awaited my answer.

"Um, fuck no!" I giggled as I playfully hit his chest. He waved his arms in surrender and grabbed me again, pulling me to his chest.

"I love you."

"I love you too, dork."

A/N: Hello readers! So yeah, KCON NY went right before my eyes like I'm mad because the broadcast were both butt and I didn't even get to see Seventeen perform. Talking about Seventeen, they are coming back and they are putting No F.U.N as a track and I'm so excited. The dance for that track is amazing and I can't wait. Just noticed that I talk about Seventeen all the time. Maybe I should make a Seventeen fanfic. Comment if I should🙂 Also don't forget to follow my fan account on IG @wonwhat_ and my personal if you want to see ugly selfies of me, @miki.bae😂 And this was a request, bye!!!❤️