1st grade•vmin

I slumped in my seat, getting ready for the next lesson. School was fun until the 5th hour or so. Just continuous pinching of my cheeks from older students and the teachers aides, I called them grandmas. I looked down at my shirt to see the remains of my lunch scattered in an arrangement of colors on the light cloth. Today was taco Tuesday, they were really yummy.

I licked my lips, remembering the savory taste of taco meat, or whatever the lunch ladies made. I never really trusted the food anyways. I could see the teachers mouth moving but I couldn't really understand what she said. I usually just ignored everything that came from her mouth.

"Taehyung, you will be placed in the reading group today!" The teacher called as she swished her curly hair out of her face. I nodded half dazed and began making my way to the small round table in the back of the classroom. I sat in the small blue plastic chair and opened the book that was placed on the table previously. It was titled 'Rainbow Fish'.

I admired the fish on the cover, its shiny scales glistening in the light from the classroom. I ran my fingers over the scales and giggled at the sensation sent through my small fingertips. At that moment, I could feel a weird spark through my back. I turned to see a small boy that looked about my age staring at me. Once he saw me he smiled brightly and waved.

"Hi." He spoke very softly and I strained to hear him over the chatter from my reading group. I've seen the raven haired boy before, many times. I just never really played with him or talked to him. He was said to be one of the oldest in the class, he was left back by an accident that left him having to miss lots of school.

In my defense, he never really talked to me nor greeted me like he just did. He seemed like a person that was to himself. Mysterious, never revealing himself. He was a lot taller than me and more physically active than I was. Which in turn, made me scared to even talk about him in fear he would probably hear from miles away.

"Hello." I managed to squeak back not really knowing where this conversation was headed. I was afraid that if any wrong move were to be done, my life was over. I waved slightly with my free hand that wasn't clutching the chair like my life depended on it.

He just stared at me with those big brown eyes. I swallowed hard and looked down as I was struggling to not suffocate from his gaze. And if his gaze didn't kill me, these last three words did.

"I like you."
-8 years later-
I groaned as the the continuous dinging of my cellphone awoke me from my slumber. I knew I should have left the group chat the day I was added in but I kept forgetting to. I put my hands to my ears forcefully as if that could stop the loud notifications popping up every second. I yanked my phone from the outlet and began reading the messages sent between the group.

I scrolled up to see one number that everyone was chatting with was unidentified in my contacts. I doubted it was someone I knew, maybe a friend of a friend that wanted to join, I don't know. Being the curious person I am I typed back a message.

TaetorTots
who is xxx-xxx-xxxx??

JeonCena
um idek
hey hoonie hyung?

ShortKiller
what??
you just interrupted something good

JeonCena
no one wants to hear about you and soonie hyung
tae hyung wants to know who is xxx-xxx-xxxx

GardenFairy
that's jimin hyung

TaetorTots
oh...

GardenFairy
what's wrong??
do you not like jimin??