lost•vminkook

My eyes opened to darkness. My back flared with pain and I hissed as the pain spread to every part of my body. I don't know where I am or what happened. All I know is the familiar taste of blood in my mouth and the burning sensation in my wrists. I tried moving my feet, which were barefoot and seemed to squelch whenever I moved them.

Forgetting about escaping, I try to gather my surroundings. I called out to only discover my voice was barely audible, like I had been screaming. With the little light coming into the glass from the ceiling, I could see hints of red liquid on the floor. No doubt they were blood, no doubt it was mine. As far as my eye could see, the place was nearly empty except for the chair I was tied to and a table with shiny things placed on them.

"Jiminnie," the voice sounded like it had come from an intercom and it made my body shiver with fear. "Do you want to play?" The voice began to laugh evilly and I gulped wondering what they meant by play. I could hear distant footsteps marching my way quickly. Like they were in a hurry to get to me. When the pounds of feet stopped in front of me I gulped and shut my eyes.

"Don't act that way." The voice cooed quietly. A hand caressed my face roughly. Their fingernails seemed to dig into my skin and I whimpered. They just giggled and continued to abuse me. I cried silently, just wanting to know why. Why was it happening to me? Why was no one else here? The tears covered my face like a blanket of sadness and I hung my head low.

"No need to fear, your mommy is here."
-
I knocked on the door for what seemed like the 100th time now. Usually he answered at the first knock, and he was always up and about at this time. I looked through the windows one last time. No sounds were being emitted from the home. I was getting worried but tried not to get farfetched with the ideas of what could've happened to him. Just to reassure myself, I quickly dialed his number. The sounds of connection to the other line worried me even more. They rung for a minute or so before replaying the message he recorded.

"Hello, it's Jimin! I'm sorry I couldn't get to the phone right now. I love you"

I wished those last three words were for me. I wished he meant them. That they weren't just words to spill from your mouth. I sighed and ruffled my hot pink hair around on my head angrily. Where could Jimin run off to? Could he have been seeing someone?

I stood on his doorstep thinking of things he could've did to not be in his house. Maybe he was shopping, or visiting his parents. Maybe he went somewhere to stay. The question was, would he come back? I looked back at the wooden door with the numbers 1015 plastered on with gold.

Being the curious bean I am, I pushed the door with a bit of force. The door flew wide open with no hesitation and I jumped from the sudden sound. Now I knew something was wrong. I began to panic, running in the space and frantically looking around for any sign of him. The house was way too silent and I could hear my heart punching my chest.

"This can't be." I coughed out of my dry throat. I stumbled into the kitchen, feeling this dizziness I hadn't felt before. I wanted to cry, vomit, and scream all at once. I closed my eyes once I got to the refrigerator and gained back my sane mind. I just needed to think things through. Just then, something light fell onto my head and swayed to the floor. I opened my eyes sharply and began searching the floor for the item.

It was a piece of paper, notebook paper, with a doodle of a heart and cute chibis scribbled with a name and number. This could be a clue and maybe this person could help me find Jimin. A little smile played on my lips as Jimin's voice bounced around in my head.

"Tae, look at what I drew."

He would shove his latest art piece into my line of vision. Just like a child would with their new toys. He was so proud of what he created. His smile shining brighter than the stars and his giggles fluttering through my body. And he always signed the corner of the page with his name, Park Jimin, in messy cursive. But that was Jimin, and I loved him that way.