sunflower child;yoonmin

"sometimes i wonder what goes on in that pretty little head of yours

"sometimes i wonder what goes on in that pretty little head of yours." a piece of hair was swept from the eyes of the shy orange haired male as his body lay motionlessly on the damp ground. the two had been wrapped in each other's arms for quite awhile, neither wanting to get up again.

"what if we never get out of here?" the younger blurted while biting his bottom lip nervously, a coppery taste filling his taste buds. the other shook his head furiously before grabbing a hold of the smaller's shoulders, taking the time to give him a look of disbelief. "well, you wanted to know what was going through my pretty little head, right?"

the older sighed before ruffling the cotton candy blue hair that sat upon his head like a nest considering the last time he properly brushed it seemed so long ago. "we're gonna make it out of here, there is no maybe, we are gonna live a normal life soon." he was persistent on making the other feel full of hope. it was too late to give up all of the things that they had accomplished in just a couple months. imagine that all being thrown away.

these were the dreaded conversations. the ones that always proceeded in silence, broken with fake coughs and the clearing of throats as if words were stuck in their vocal cords. the ones that always lead to a mental breakdown, just like in the old movies.

"you always say that yoongi, it seems empty." the younger blew away a small bug that threatened to lay itself on his tan skin. but what he said was true. the older always had a way with words; he'd even fooled the other for a total of six months with false hope that escaping was easy. "we're being hunted yoongi! the chance of us getting out of here is one in a million! they don't want us here." by now the tolerance the orange haired boy had was wearing thin, tears were streaming down his face streaking the dirt film that had accumulated over time from lack of showering.

"sometimes i wonder if you ever just think of things realistically. people die because they do things like this. we haven't eaten in 3 days. we haven't showered in months. we haven't stopped running for years. just face the fact that we are never getting out of here. we're stuck, we're done. we tried and never succeeded." it wasn't an easy thing to admit but the truth had to be heard, even if it was from the mentally weakest of the duo.

yoongi looked down at his hands, grazing all of the bruises and cuts that blessed the skin leaving it red. they described everything he had went through just to get here. just to be breathing right now was enough. just to be here with the one he loved was enough for him right now. food could wait, showering could wait, rest could wait.

"aren't you happy being here with me?"

"what type of question is that yoongi?"

"jimin, just answer my question."

the complete turn of the older's tone shook the younger a bit but jimin ended up answering knowing that if he didn't it'd end bad. and at this moment in time, they didn't need another crisis to add on to the one they were already dealing with.