Promise

This is set during "A Summer To Remember"  when Isabelle is pulled out of the water and the events that take place with her and those around her.

1. 2. 3. 4. 5.6

Raphael was desperately doing compressions on Isabelle's chest, water was running down his body, his green eyes were focused on her pale lifeless face. He quickly bent down and pinched her nose, tilting her chin back. Pressing his lips against hers, he started to fill her lungs with air.

As the others watched on Raph's mind circled around the conversation he had with the ebony haired girl before they had left the house.

1.2.3.4.5.6

"I don't think I should go."

She mumbled softly as she sat on her bed, already dressed in her outfit for the lake. Raph was leaning against giving her a soft smile.

"You don't have to get into the  water."

1.2.3.4.5.6

"The others will want me to get in. What if they try to push me in? Just goofing off?"

She said nervously as she stared down at her feet. Raphael pushed himself off the wall and sat down on the bed next to her.

" I'll make sure that doesn't  happen."

1.2.3.4.5.6

A cough erupted from Isabelle's  mouth  and water came out as well. 

"Thank God."

Kelly sighed out in relief, Isabelle's head turned to the side , her eyes were still shut but she was breathing. Liz quickly dropped to the other side of her, grabbing her wrist to check her pulse.

"We need to get her back. Her pulse is weak and she's freezing."

Once she finished Raph picked Isabelle's unconscious form up and carried her bridal style, her head was cradled into his arm.

"Mikey grab the stuff. When we get back Chanel will you tell Leo?"

Raph looked at his girlfriend with sympathy, knowing that she had the hardest job.  The auburn haired girl nodded her head in understanding, as she followed her boyfriend who was leading them back towards the house.

The house was less then a mile away and the group was all but running to get there. Relief spread them all when they heard mumbles coming from the ebony haired girls lips.

"No don't. Nathan."

Raph couldn't help but look down at her softly with part of his heart breaking at the words that came out of her mouth.
He was the only one who knew why this had happened today, why she didn't want to go anywhere near the water.

~~~~

"She's going to be alright. She needs rest and time."

Donatello said as he put his stethoscope around his neck, stepping out of the bedroom Isabelle shared with Leo, shutting it softly behind him. Everyone else was leaning against the wall across from the room, Leonardo was the first to approach the purple clad turtle.

"Can I see her?"

He asked with a look of worry.

"Actually she has asked to see Raph."

Donnie answered as his brown eyes locking on his second eldest brother. Looks of confusion were spread through the others, but Raph knew why she wanted to see him, and without saying a word he walked into the room.

He shut the door quietly behind him. The room was lit by the early afternoon sun light, he walked over to the side of the bed. Isabelle's black hair was spread out on the pillow, she had on dry clothes on, the blanket pulled all the way up to her neck almost.

"Hey Raph"

Her voice came out a little rough,  her blue eyes locked on him.

"How are you feeling Izzy?"

He asked.

"Tired but I'm okay."

She said softly as she struggled to keep her eyes open.

"You should rest."

He insisted.

"It's not your fault. What happened today is not your fault."

She mumbled softly. 

"I made a promise though."

He looked away in disappointment in himself.

"Look at me."

She said as sternly as she could. Raph's green eyes were locked back on her as soon as the words left her mouth, she then continued to talk.

"Please don't blame yourself for this. We can't change what happened, but I'm okay and everyone else is okay and that's what matters."

She smiled up at him. He looked away for a moment, letting silence rest between them.

"You should rest Izzy. I'll send Leo in."

He said softly as he let her words set in, her eyes were already starting to close  before he could even make it to the bed.