Long Night

After the first two months of Tyler being born Splinter decides that the parents need to be able to deal with the crying baby without his help. But he never said that the rest of the family couldn't help.

Donatello glanced at the clock as he finishes getting the bottle ready 8:15 P.M. He knew good and well that his infant son should have been in bed by now, he should have been asleep two hours ago really. The first night without Splinters helps was gonna be the hardest. The purple clad turtle walked into living room to hear classical music playing while Kelly dressed in her cotton pajamas, bouncing the wide awake baby to sleep.

"He's not tired at all."

Her gray eyes looked up Donnie's brown ones with worry.

"Here let me take him."

Donnie sat the bottle down on the table and took the small pale infant from his fiancée arms. Donnie was still amazed with the fact that he had help create such a beautiful baby. He watched as Tyler reached up grabbed his bandanna tails and giggled slightly as he gummed on them.

"Woah what's little dude still doing up?"

Mikey's voices rang out catching Tyler's attrition and although he was very young he knew his uncle in orange was the fun one. Mikey came walking into the room with Klunk on his head and his girlfriend behind him.

"Hey guys."

Liz smiled as she threw the rest of her blonde hair up into a messy bun, dressed in her sweats and over sized teeshirt.

"Master Splinter said we had to put him bed without him tonight."

Kelly explained as she sat down on the couch a yawn escaping her lips. Liz and Mikey exchanged a quick glance with a slight smile.

"We'll stay up with you guys."

Elizabeth smiled as she held her arms out for the little baby who was already reaching out for her in his daddy's arms. Donnie let her take him as he exchanged a look with his fiancée.

"You guys don't have to do that."

Kelly smiled, secretly happy with fact that she had more back up to get through the night.

"Dudette it's really no trouble."

Mikey chuckled as he bounced down on the couch.

~~~~

10:30 P. M. was the time that little Tyler's eyes shut and her submerged into sleep. Mikey was the one who was privileged enough to place the little guy in the crib. The crew of four were wore out but as they exchanged looks they felt victorious for successfully putting the two month old to sleep without Splinter's help.

"That wasn't too hard."

Donatello kissed his fiancées forehead just as the patter of other feet alarmed them. Elizabeth quickly raised her head in alarm only to Maximus striding in, the blonde relaxed not really considering what usually follows behind the German Shepherd.

"I can't believe you painted that whole thing just tonight!"

An excited female voice exclaimed from the entrance of the lair.

"I can't believe you and Raph both lasted 20 minutes balancing on the edge."

Another female voice echoed off the walls.