Chapter 1

Hey guys, welcome to the sequel and this one is written from Lucifers POV, but its not starting off from the end of the last book so there will be a lot of chapters before we end up there... hope you enjoy!

Lucifers P.O.V

I wake up to the day I hate the most every year... my birthday. Im turning 25 today, it's sort of a big deal. Since I was a little boy I I heard stories of males and their mates, and I've always wanted one, but considering it's been eight years since I was able to find my mate and I still hadn't found her... well I jinxed myself pretty damn good.

I walk into the bathroom and I instantly see the brown stubble on my face, indicating I need to shave, but that can wait.

My name is Lucifer Dean Adams. Im a alpha, unfortunately im not the oldest, my sister Angel, is at the age of 27 and she's going to be 28 sometime this year. And yes I know the irony of my sisters name is Angel and my name is Lucifer. I really don't agree with my parents idea of it being cool when my dads name is Allen and my moms name is Suzanne. It also doesn't help that our pack name is the Illuminati pack, so...

I take my shirt off and along with my other clothing, ready to get into the shower, but unfortunately there was a knock on the door, and I had to wrap a towel around my waist and open the door.

I open the door slightly. "Oh, it's you." I say opening the door wider, for my sister to come in.

"Hey Luci." She says.

"First, don't call me Luci. And second, you only call me Luci when you want or need something. So what is it?" I ask her, stepping into the shower.

"Ok..." she says with a small pause. "Max, birthday is coming up, as you know."

"I actually didn't know that!" I yell from in the shower.

"Hes your brother-in-law, he has been for almost ten years how do you not know my mates birthday?" She yells.

"That's important to you! Not me!" I yell to her.

"Anyway! I don't know what to get him." She says upset.

"I can't believe im about to say this to my sister..." I say shaking my head under the droplets of water coming from the shower faucet. "Wear a cute lingerie and have sex with him." I say as I start to shampoo my hair.

She doesn't speak for a minute. "I can't have sex with him." She says.

"Why? He's you're mate." I say stretching the word mate, something I won't ever find.

"Because I did two weeks ago."  I step out the shower and wrap another towel around my waist and dry my wet hair. I look at my sister who was anxious about something. She notices the confused look on my face. "Im pregnant you idiot." She says rolling her eyes.

I put my gray v-neck over my head and walk into my closet. "Angel! That's great! What is it?" I ask.

"Im two weeks pregnant. I don't know yet."

"Oh... then why are you here?" I ask, coming out the closet wearing loose black jeans.

"Because I don't know what to get Max for his birthday."

"Oh. Right! Bake him one of your terrible cakes for his birthday... Isn't it the thought that counts?" I ask

She threw my pillow at me, making me stab my scalp with my comb. "Ow! You demon!" I yell at her.

"Apparently you're the demon, Lucifer, and I'm Angel." She said laughing. "Happy birthday by the way little bro." She smiles.

"Thanks." I say in a not so happy voice as I comb my hair over to the right and add some gel for it to look better.

I open the door to my room and let my sister leave first to make sure didn't stay in my room.

I leave out the back door, already knowing that there will be a "Happy 25th B-day" banner, with a large cake with a picture of my ugly face on it, as the pack women singers start to sing happy birthday to me, and my mom gives me this huge embarrassing kiss, along with useless present and my dad barbecues for the whole pack like he does every year. Then after the party he gives me a long lecture on how I'm ungrateful for all this, then sweetens it with saying "this will be the year you find your mate" and I'm starting to think he's jinxed me every year since I've turned seventeen. So if I could avoid him and everyone else for the rest of the day, I might just find my mate this year.

Once I thought I was in the clear, my beatfriend Joseph comes out of nowhere. "You skipping out this year?" He asks.

"No. Im just going to Florida so i won't be here today." I say.

"Why? Your dad has strippers in the guys lounge and there's a really hot one waiting for you." He smiles patting my chest.

"I don't want a stripper. I w-" I growl as he interrupted.

"I know what you're gonna say 'I dont want a stripper because I want my mate' you need to have fun. Like you lost your virginity two years ago when you should've lost it when you were younger."

"In my defense I was really drunk, and high off of whatever you gave me that day." I say, regretting that whole day.

"Look on the bright side, now you'll be experienced when you find her." He says. I was very tempted to punch in the face, but I'm not in much of a punching mood.

I continue walking as Joseph tried to convince me to stay and all the things at the party. But I just want no one to mess with me right now. I get in my car and close the door, but Joseph kept knocking on the window, I was so tempted to just run him over, but that would be rude. I let down the window. "What do you want?"

"I'm your best friend. What do you think?" I unlocked the doors and he ran around the truck and got in. "So where are we going?" He asks.

"We're staying here for sure." I say confident.

"So you don't want to do anything for your birthday?"

"Nope." I say assuringly.

"You need to hurry and find your mate." Joseph says shaking his head.

"That's what I'm saying."