Chapter 50

-edited-

Lucifer POV:

I look at the sketches placed by the witnesses that saw the face of the killer, they all kind of look the same, but there's little differences. Today we are going run it through facial recognition, but first Cassandra is on her way. Last night I told her about the witch, the one I used for the force field around my house, how she can help her see what Princeton saw that night so we could see if the faces match. So she's bringing the twins, I don't know if she's bringing CJ or not.

I haven't seen the twins since the sonogram when we found out the gender.

I cringe as, remembering how tortured I felt. The pain of seeing them happy cooped up, every cell in my body, feeling drugged, miserable, and disgusted. I don't miss that feeling. I don't miss how I felt about her, it was all too devastating, it was all too much.

I put about a inch of water in Wynters little baby tub, giving her a daily bath. I always forget at night, Livy always let me do mornings and she'd do nights because she remembered. I didn't like the idea of her having two baths because I thought it'd dry out her skin, but Livy schooled me on how it's necessary and good for her. So I try to remember, but just don't know why I don't.

I'm still in my room, I can't bring myself to go to my house. Angel told me they tried to clean the door, but nothing was working so they're replacing it instead. I don't feel anything anymore. Not unless it's for Wynter, because I love her, I always will, but I'm trying not be super over protective. But I don't think I can help it.

I had her dry towel, onesie, and pamper out to the side waiting for me to finish. Wynter never really liked baths, but I probably didn't have it warm enough because she was always content when her mother was bathing her.

I lift her out the tiny tub before drying her off. With a sudden knock on the door, I automatically said come in, considering I was occupied. "Hey." Cassandra. "Angel said I can find you here." I turn around and see her holding two car seats and CJ hiding behind her legs.

"He has a baby too." He whispered to his mom.

"Yea, uh, take a seat. Doesn't matter where place the car seats." I tell her. "The desk, bed, floor it's all fine. Just let me finish clothing her and we can get to it." I say. She only nodded her head.

I finished drying Wynter off and set her in the proper attire. I felt a tug at my pant leg, looking down to see CJ. "It's a her?" He asks.

"Yea, her name is Wynter." I answer.

"Can I see?"

"Sure." I got to one knee and Wynter was just looking around, but CJ looked shocked.

"She doesn't look like you." He says.

I let out a small laugh. "No, she doesn't." I take a nice look at her. "She looks like her mom." I look down but he was gone, staring at his younger brothers. I walk over to Wynters car seat, strapping her in and putting a blanket on her. "I'm all set, you?" I ask.

"Yup." She gets up, picking up one at a time.

"You need help? I don't mind."

"I'm fine, thank you."

As we got to the lot I used my moms key to find her old mom van. We are going the witches place and driving in a Mercedes won't fit four kids and two adults. I put Wynters car seat behind my seat, then Cassandra buckled the twins in. One in the very back and the other next to my daughter, she said she wanted to stay in the back and watch the babies and CJ could ride shot gun. He was pretty excited.